It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DLE and SAE Interactive using Daphne.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:21 am 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi All,

This is Tony M. Victorino.

I have just completed my First attempts to Create a DLE and SAE Interactive Game. First using an Original Dragon's Lair and Space Ace Game connected to a Playstation Type DDR Pad and other Controls like a Invisible Beam Relay Sword/Action Button Switch for use with the Dragon's Lair Game and a Hand-Held Space Ace Controler with Energize Wrist Button for use with the Space Ace Game.

It took alot of Work. But I was Successful!!! Boy it took alot of tracing of wires and connectors. Alot of splicing everything together, as well. But it Worked. Better than I thought it would.

After that success, I thought that I'd try to make it work on my PC using Daphne. Well, beleive it or not, It Works even better on my PC using Daphne. It is because instead of having to trace cut and splice alot of wires. I have a USB Port Controller that allows me to hook up any Playstation Controller to my PC. Using Daphne's Control Adjustments, the DDR Pad fits right in. Infact if you buy a USB Port Controler that allows you to Play on your PC using a Playstation Controller, you are just half way there to making a DLE Interactive Game. To get a feel for it, you can use the Playstation Style DDR by itself, if you want to. The Up, Down, Left, and Right, are all the Same and the Sword/Action Button is the X Step on the Pad. You just need to set your Controller Options in the PC Control Panel Menu to have X=3, O=2 (Not Used), Start = 9 (Start Player 1), and Select = 10 (Start Player 2). You then set the customize joystick buttons with Button 1 = Button 3, Start 1 = Button 9, and Start 2 = Button 10. To Start the Game, first put on some Cretids using the Key Board, then Step on Start for a 1 Player Game or on Select for a 2 player Game. Then you can Step on Up, Down, Left, Right, and the X Step for the Sword/Action Button.

Well this was only the First Step, Oh no Pun intented...

I just needed to Splice my Invisible Beam Relay Sword/Action Button Switch inbetween the DDR Pad and PC. And that was that. At lease for my DLEI.

I'll get into my Invisible Beam Relay Sword/Action Button Switch someother time. It's to much to go over right now.

Now to my SAEI. This is where I need some help from you Daphne Creaters. Without getting to technical, here is what I have and here is what I need to do:

I have a USB Playstation 2 Player Controller unit. It allows me to use any Playstation Controler on my PC. It has both a Player 1 and Player 2 Port.
I need to be able to set up the Daphne's Control Adjustments for the Jotstick to be able to use not only Player 1 Controller and Player 2 Controller as well. In simple terms. You can use either a Playstation Player 1 and/or Playstation Player 2 Controller for use with Daphne. Right now as it is, It's not possible to do so.

How hard would it be to come up with a Modification that can do this for me within the Daphne's Control Adjustments in the Joystick Section.

Just want to know if this is at all possible.

Of course, I could always do more cutting and Splicing, but what I would like to come up with is a as simple and easy way for anyone who is using Daphne to be able to make an Interactive Style Game on their own.

Any and All help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks You for Your Time.

(P.S.) I use only Dragon's Lair and Space Ace Enhanced EPROMs in this Project. That why I call it DLEI and SAEI. But you could use any EPROMs you feel is the best for you.

Your's Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

End of line...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:19 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Tony,

If I understand correctly, what you need is to be able to use multiple joysticks with daphne? Multiple joysticks would all have to "mirror" each other since the ROM assumes there is only 1 joystick.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Use multiple joysticks which would mirror each other.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:49 am 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi Matt,

This is Tony M. Victorino, again.

Yes! That's It!

I want to hook up a Playstation DDR Pad Style Controller in Slot 1 and a Playstation Hand-Held Style Controller in Slot 2. With both Mirroring each other. All that I would be using for Each Controller is UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, X = SWORD/ACTION, O = COIN, START = START 1 PLAYER GAME, and SELECT = START 2 PLAYER GAME. Both Controllers would be
used in the Same way.

I will try to slice together an adaptor to hook up both at the same Time.
But I wanted to see if there was an easier way.

Do you know a way to do this? If you come up with something, please let me know.

Thanks.

Your's Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

End of line...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:36 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Tony there is no way to do this with just daphne because daphne only supports the first joystick it detects.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Well, there's always my way. He He He...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:31 pm 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the Info.

I'm working on my DLEI, right now. And testing some Devices for my SAEI as well.

Well my first attempt on hookong up 2 Controllers was a Success! I had to
do alot of tracing, cuting and splice PS Extension Cords together and hook them up to my devices. And then run the PS Cord to the PC Joystick USB Converter and Etc... Well It Worked!!!

All that I have to do now is to hook up my 3 Invisible Beam Sword/Action Button Relay Devices and see how the whole thing reacts to them.
I've Tested the Game out using just one, and it worked like a Charm.
The Big Question is how it will respond to 3 of them being hooked up to everything else.

I only had one set back. During my testing of different Devices. I tried to hook up a Radio Signal PS Device to the whole thing to see if this would work. Well, If I just have one Device or the Other with the Radio Signal PS Device hooked up, each one works find by itself. But when I put them all connected together, nothing works. It's like the Game is not getting any Signal from either Controller. If I unhook one or the other, the other one works without a problem. Also if I hook up two controllers together without using the Radio PS Device, they both work great together. There must be something about the PS Radio Device that one of the Connections and/or Devices can't handle. If I use just one PS Controller with the PS Radio Device by itself, it works great ,too. PUZZLED???

That's where I am for now.

Your's Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

End of line...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: DLEI & SAEI BETA TEST 3 COMPLETE. :)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:12 am 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi All,

This is Tony M. Victorino.

just Completed Dragon's Lair Enhanced Interactive or DLEI & Space Ace Enhanced Interactive or SAEI
BETA TEST 3 just this last Sunday.

To give you some background on my latest project.
The first BETA TEST of DLEI failed, because I used a Cheap $20.00 PlayStation 2 or PS2 Dance Dance Revolution or DDR Pad and hooked it up to my Dragon's Lair Arcade Game. My Second BETA TEST, I used a $200.00 Metal DDR Pad with one Radio Shack Invisible Beam Entry Alert Device and hooked it up to my Dragon's Lair Arcade Game and also tried it out using my PC with DAPHNE (Laser Disc Game Emulator). Both Tested out Great. I decided to continue BETA TESTING my Interactive System on my PC using DAPHNE, because it was just much more easier than do the Test on the actual Arcade Game. Of course, I was using DLE 2.0 EPROMs for the Testing of my Interactive System, thus using the term Enhanced Interactive after the Name instead of just Interactive. Dave needs to get credit for his GREAT!!! ROM's as far as I'm concerned.

For this BETA TEST 3, I am using my PC with Daphne, DLE 2.0 ROM's, my Metal DDR Pad, and 3 Radio Shack Invisible Beam Entry Alert Devices. My room was not big enough. So I was able to get my Good Friend, Mark Tucker to let me use his living room for this BETA TEST 3. Not Only was I able to Test out DLEI, but I also was able to come up with a way to play Space Ace on my Interactive System, as well. This was my first Test with Space Ace. And, yes, I used Dave's SAE 1.0 ROM's for the TEST, too.

To make a long story short. DLEI and SAEI TESTED GREAT!!!

For the next step on this project, is too have someone help me in changing the Moves in the Rom's so I can separate Hand/Sword Action from Foot Action on DLEI and Hand Action from Foot Action, and Weapon Trigger from ENERGIZE Wrist Button.

Please, read below. It should better explain what I am trying to do.

On DLEI the Move Set Up that I want it to be is this:

Foot Action Up
Foot Action Down
Foot Action Left
Foot Action Right
Hand/Sword Action Up
Hand/Sword Action Left
Hand/Sword Action Right

I need the following changes made to what I need the moves to be:

UP = Foot Action Up
DOWN = Foot Action Down
LEFT = Foot Action Left
RIGHT = Foot Action Right
SWORD = Hand Action/Sword Up
DIAGONAL UP/LEFT = Hand Action/Sword Left
DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT = Hand Action/Sword Right

Examples:

DLE 2.0 Standard Burning Ropes:

RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT.
LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT. (Mirrored)

For DLEI Standard, it will need to be changed to:

DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT, DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT,
DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT, RIGHT.

DIAGONAL UP/LEFT, DIAGONAL UP/LEFT,
DIAGONAL UP/LEFT, LEFT. (Mirrored)

DLE 2.0 Prototype Burning Ropes:

HAND ACTION/SWORD, HAND ACTION/SWORD,
HAND ACTION/SWORD, RIGHT.

HAND ACTION/SWORD, HAND ACTION/SWORD,
HAND ACTION/SWORD, LEFT. (Mirrored)

For DLEI Prototype, it will need to be changed to:

DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT, DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT,
DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT, RIGHT.

DIAGONAL UP/LEFT, DIAGONAL UP/LEFT,
DIAGONAL UP/LEFT, LEFT. (Mirrored)

DLE 2.0 Standard Drink Me:

RIGHT (Correct)
UP (Death)

RIGHT (Correct)
Sword (Death)

DLE 2.0 Prototype Drink Me:

RIGHT (Correct)
HAND ACTION/SWORD (Death)

For DLEI Prototype, no changes are needed here:

Right (Correct)
HAND ACTON/SWORD (Death)

DLE 2.0 Standard Snake Room:

SWORD, SWORD, SWORD, RIGHT.

SWORD or DIAGONAL UP/LEFT, SWORD or DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT,
SWORD, DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT.

DLE 2.0 Prototype Snake Room:

HAND ACTION/SWORD

For DLEI Prototype, it will need to be changed to:

DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT.

On SAEI the Move Set Up that I want it to be is this:

Foot Action/Joystick Control Up
Foot Action/Joystick Control Down
Foot Action/Joystick Control Left
Foot Action/Joystick Control Right
Hand Action Up
Hand Action Left
Hand Action Right
Weapon Trigger
ENERGIZE Wristband Button

I need the following changes made to what I need the moves to be:

UP = Foot Action/Joystick Control Up
DOWN = Foot Action/Joystick Control Down
LEFT = Foot Action/Joystick Control Left
RIGHT = Foot Action/Joystick Control Right
ACTION = Hand Action Up
DIAGONAL UP/LEFT = Hand Action Left
DIAGONAL UP/RIGHT = Hand Action Right
DIAGONAL DOWN/LEFT = Weapon Trigger
DIAGONAL DOWN/RIGHT = ENERGIZE Wristband Button

Other Games that I would like to try out my Interactive System on are but not limited to the following:

Dragon's Lair 2
Cliff Hanger
Super Don Quiote
Time Gal
Time Traveler

If any of you can help me out with this Project in any shape or form, please let me know.

Well, that's all for now.

Yours Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

End of line...

Offline Profile