It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A RockmanEXE (Megaman Battle Network) LD game!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:49 am 
Registered  User

Hello, everyone! This is Bluntman, recent fan of Daphne, and n00b on this board.

I have been watching a lot of the RockmanEXE anime and it has just recently given me a crazy idea for an LD game.

A RockmanEXE LD game! Here's how it would work.....

The gameplay would be similar to Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, (i.e. move in direction of flash, push fire button when weapon flashes, etc.) but with one major twist.

In RockmanEXE Stream (the fourth season of the anime which just premiered in Japan), there is a new model of the PET with an interesting new feature. The PET has a touch-sensitive holographic display which allows the operator to upload pre-slotted battle chips to their NetNavi via a drag and drop interface. Here's where the twist comes in.

By making the screen of the machine touch sensitive, this would make an exciting new feature. At certain points in the game, the game would freeze, and a set of battle chips will appear on the screen. You would then have to upload a battle chip (or chips, depending on the situation) to Rockman by placing your finger on the chip or chips of choice, and dragging them over to Rockman. Depending on what chips you choose, the stage could change entirely, or you could even die if you chose the wrong one. If you were lucky, you could even activate a Program Advance that could let you blow through the rest of the stage with ease.

Of course, all the footage would consist of original animation made exclusively for the game.

Let me know what you think of my idea.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: A RockmanEXE (Megaman Battle Network) LD game!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:20 am 
Registered  User

A friend pointed me to this 5min clip containing video from Freedom Fighter as it was ported to the Phillips CD-I system.

Offline Profile