It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a Wii better way to play LD Games on Daphne.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:45 pm 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi All,

A few years ago, I created a different, and in my opinion, better way to play Laser Disc Type Games more Interactivly. I created my LGIS (Laser Game Interactive System). It consisted of the use of a Metal DDR Pad, Some Opto. Sensors, and other Misc. equiptment. But to make this creation work as best as possible, I had to do some creative wiring and home made devices.

I was able to get Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and Cliff Hanger to work with my LGIS. But because the way that Dragon's Lair 2 is programmed, I was unable to get that game to work. I needed a device that could separate the sword control from the Hand Opto. Actions. This would also improve Dragon's Lar and Space Ace, by having a wirless controller, instead of my creative wiring and devices that I made.

I did try a PS2 Wirless Katana Controller, but I could not get my PC to acknowledge that Controller and a DDR Pad at the same time without problems.

This Wireless Bluetooth Wii Controller, might just fit the bill. This is becase it could emulate the PC's Keyboard Key Stokes. With this, I might be able to have it emulate the Sword Actions for Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair 2 and the Fire / ENERGIZE Actions of Space Ace, separated from the Joystick DDR Pad and Opto's.

But before I start pouring any money into this new project, I first need to know, if this can even work. And if there is a way to use the swinging actions of the Wiimote for a Key Stroke.

If anyone has gotten a Wii Controller to work with their PC, and while using Daphne, please let me know how you did it (What Program(s) and/or Driver(s) that you used, and etc...).

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated. :)

Yours Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:16 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

TMV! You can find lots of info here:

http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Main_Page

Offline Profile