It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:48 pm 
Registered  User

There doesn't seem to be an option in the 'Configure/Game' section when I use the Daphne Loader. I read something in the DLE readme about the difficulty level but I couldn't understand it.

Could someone please simply tell me what the difficuly level is for DLE?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:11 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

It's set to easy mode. There is no DLE for the hard or very hard skill level. Just use the regular F2 roms for those ...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 1:13 pm 
Registered  User

Thanks a lot!

It's set to easy mode eh? Oh dear, I was hoping that the reason for my suckiness was because it was set to hard or something. Oh well :smile:

I also occasionally have problems with my commands not being recognised and the game playing itself for a couple of scenes (the drawbridge and the falling rock room) and then jumping back to the drawbridge scene with Dirk getting killed.

I know it's been mentioned before, I just wanted to let you know about it. It happened yesterday and, despite rebinding my controls, I continued to have the problem. This was with both versions of Dragon's Lair.

Today though, it seems to work fine (with both versions). This has happened to me a couple of times now. It seems that the only thing to do is restart and hope it works then. It's not really a major problem (not for me anyway). I'm using the keyboard btw and don't have a joystick (or any other controller) installed.

Thanks again and please keep up the great work. It's really appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:24 pm 
Registered  User

>It's set to easy mode. There is no DLE for the hard or very hard skill
>level. Just use the regular F2 roms for those ...

for the most part, dle's difficulty setting is in indeed consistent with the easy difficulty setting on a standard game of dragon's lair, a la f2 roms. however, there's at least one scene (giant bat) in which the enhanced set requires you to make an additional final move which is consistent with the hard difficulty setting of a standard game.

irmish

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:59 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

That's easy!!?? Wow.. I guess I'm just too used to the various home versions. They are all way too easy. Now that I'm playing it for real again, I'm finding that it's actually a challenge again. Plus, it's nice to not just be able to continue endlessly.

p 8)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: What difficulty level is DL Enchanced set at?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:51 pm 
Dragon's Lair Project Staff
Dragon's Lair Project Staff

Hi. My 2 cents... The degree of difficulty of playing DLE cannot be relayed in the same terms of the "easy" and "hard" settings of the original ROMs. Without giving any consideration to what the original ROMs were doing, all of the joystick & button moves of DLE have simply been timed properly for what's going on during the video sequences for each move, for the length of time that the animation allows, and that's the only way that DLE is programmed to be. (Likewise for SAE and DL2E). That being said however, DLE is more similar to the easy setting of the original ROMs than the hard setting.
(If, while using DLE 1.1, you change the DIP switches to "hard", then you will no longer be playing DLE... It will switch to play the original F2 ROMs on "hard".)

Offline Profile