It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: New release? Or at least a cleanup of 1.0?
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:46 am 
Registered  User

It has been quite some time since version 1.0 of Daphne has been released. Has there been any new work on it? I would like to get involved in its development or at least see the repo. Is there a repo?

Last time I built Daphne was a couple years ago. It confused me then and confused me again until I relearned what I needed to do. At the very least, please, update the source distribution to address these points.

1) In Makefile.vars.linux_x64 what should be a tab character is instead eight spaces. Also there is a space after the line-wrapping backslash that shouldn't be there.

2) Makefile has -Werror as part of CFLAGS. This causes compilation of at least ldp-out/pioneer.cpp to fail because in Uint16 pioneer::get_real_current_frame() a variable "gotframe" is set but never used.

3) When building fresh or after doing "make clean", make complains about 15 times that files like "sony.d" don't exist. Looking closer, I see that these files are being created. The Makefile really should be redone to not emit such confusing messages.

4) The tarball is structured poorly compared to current program tarballs. It should start with "daphne-1.0-src/", the same as the text in the tarball's name before "tar.bz2".

5) The build process should not leave the products outside of the distribution directory.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New release? Or at least a cleanup of 1.0?
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:31 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I agree. There are problems with the build process.

However, I am currently working on Dexter ( http://laserdisc-replacement.com ) and do not plan to do an update for Daphne any time soon. I will move your post to another forum so that it may help others.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New release? Or at least a cleanup of 1.0?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:01 am 
Registered  User

Could I get the source code to the current daphnefrontend for Linux? I thought I had it in frontend/obsolete/, but that's clearly not it.

Offline Profile