It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Blank screen problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:53 pm 
Registered  User

Greetings.
I am having a very strange problem with Daphne and I am not even sure when it began. Currently, games that have worked perfectly in the past now startup with a blank black screen with no errors in the daphne-error.log. I have tried deleting the .dat files for the video, and reparsing. When I do that, I start the game and it tells me it has to "parse the video...press any key to continue or ESC to exit." Well, I press any key and it just sits there on a black screen. If I then press ESC then it starts parsing the file (weird). Anyway, when I try to run the game after that it still goes straight to a blank screen. The weird thing is ONE game (DL2) works fine.

At one point I had version 0.99.6 and 0.99.7 installed to two separate directories. I guess somehow I overwrote my 0.99.6 directory with 0.99.7, so now I have two of them. I'm not sure if this is related, but is there some way to clear out my settings and try again? I didn't think there were any registry settings for daphne. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thx,
Andy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Mixed DLLs?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:47 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

It sounds to me as though you have a mixture of two different versions of Daphne. I would recommend downloading and installing 0.99.7 from scratch and trying it again. There are no registry settings or DLLs outside of the Daphne program directory.... only the files in the distribution are required.

Brad O.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:02 pm 
Registered  User

Hmm, good idea, thx (why didn't I think of that LOL).
I'll try that when I get home and let you know.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:02 am 
Registered  User

Well installing a fresh daphne didn't help, but I did find the problem. I have had a really old analog gameport joystick plugged in for a while now. I unplugged it and then loaded up a game and it is all good again. Bizarre. I didn't even think to check that before because the daphne_log.txt had a line about "Successfully opened joystick #0" or something. Anyway, thx for the help.

Andy

PS is there a Daphne setting to ignore the joystick so I can leave it plugged in?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:26 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I think you can do -nojoystick or something on newer builds ...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:17 pm 
Registered  User

How do I change fullscreen to windows size ? Because I am not able to click CONFIG due that it said Run-time error 7 out of memory. O.o

Also before I played DL2..why does the high Score list is empty and there is no "INSERT COIN" flash or something like in real arcade coin ? I just play it and everything seem to be fine sorta.

in Daphne log says: REMOVE ME : coin queue was reshuffled

what's that ?

Can you answer three questions ? Thanks!

EDIT: Everything is great now. Thank you!

Last edited by RockmanRotties on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:50 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Sounds like you are using an unofficial version of Daphne. If you download an the official v0.99.7 version from this site, you may have better success.

Offline Profile