It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: dvd2daph: Space Ace missing frames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:50 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Hi all,
This is kind of a trivial detail, but I noticed that dvd2daph 3.0 drops a frame or two from the end of several scenes in Space Ace (20th anniv ed). Apparently, sometimes when vstrip splits a vob by VOB-ID, it splits off a frame or two into the next segment. The fix is to use vstrip to pare down that next segment to just the missing frames, then append it back to the original.

I've fixed the script (sa20rip.bat); if anyone working on dvd2daph is interested, just ask.

The affected scenes:
spa08b (borf taunt - green dogs)
spa12 (dogfight)
spa12b (borf taunt - dogfight)
spa13 (dogfight - reverse)
spa24p1 (final battle, as dexter)

My question is: Does doing this, ie appending a frame or few (sometimes 3 or 4 extra blank frames are unavoidable) in these cases mess up anything in daphne? (like timing)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: dvd2daph: Space Ace missing frames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

bugblatter wrote:
My question is: Does doing this, ie appending a frame or few (sometimes 3 or 4 extra blank frames are unavoidable) in these cases mess up anything in daphne? (like timing)

It can, depending on where the seeks happen. I've never seen or heard of that problem before though. You'd have to have a laserdisc onhand to match your framefile to your new files if you change anything.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:11 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Thanks for answering. I see you mentioned that dvd2daph 4.0 is coming, so perhaps the chopped ending frames I noticed above will be fixed there. Again, I'm just being a perfectionist. I thought perhaps the missing frames could have been a problem, say if an mpeg ended (a frame or 2) before daphne expected it too. In either case, it seems to play ok, but it's hard to tell if it might make a difference as I mention in another post, at least on my system I'm often seeing scenes end prematurely.

Offline Profile