It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Space Ace scenes cut short
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:01 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

In Space Ace (dvd2daph 3.0, 20th anniv ed, daphne .99.7) I have noticed that scenes are often cut short, particularly death and borf-taunt scenes, but even the attract clip. In one death scene in particular, when you are Dirk(not Dexter) in the space station and get caught in one of those ceiling "beams", it always starts in the middle (miss first half).

I've read in previous posts that other people have experienced this but haven't found a solution that's worked for me. I've tried adjusting the LD latency to no avail. Is this a daphne+dvd2daph issue? I've read there is some non-public .99.8 version of daphne that fixes this. If this is true, can I get a copy from someone? I can wait for the public release, too (but I'm just so impatient). Thankx.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:03 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

that's how the original game was. Daphne is working perfectly. The scenes were cut short when the LD-V1000 player was introduced to the cabinet. Try SAE if you want to see the full scenes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:20 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

The original was like that, huh, I guess I forgot. I remember our arcade machines were so beat up that I attributed a lot of those kind of problems to just wear-and-tear.

For me, I have been using the SAE enhanced roms. I went back just now and played the previous unenhanced rom, but I didn't quickly notice any difference. I read in a post/faq somewhere that some people were having the same problem even with the SAE's - I guess I'm just one of those people (perhaps system-specific issue). Thanks again, I appreciate the reply.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Space Ace scenes cut short
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:30 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

bugblatter wrote:
I've read in previous posts that other people have experienced this but haven't found a solution that's worked for me. I've tried adjusting the LD latency to no avail. Is this a daphne+dvd2daph issue? I've read there is some non-public .99.8 version of daphne that fixes this. If this is true, can I get a copy from someone? I can wait for the public release, too (but I'm just so impatient). Thankx.

Yes, some people have reported timing problems with v0.99.7 ; I am willing to fix this, but the voters have other things they'd prefer me to work on instead.

Offline Profile