It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: daphneloader crash in ubuntu
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:02 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

I'm really fighting daphne on ubuntu (Dapper Drake)... I finally got one issue fixed and now when trying to run version 0.99.7 I'm faced with the following (any ideas?!?!):

Code:
Script dir is .!
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV7wxTimer' has different size in shared object, c onsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV14wxCommandEvent' has different size in shared o bject, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV6wxMenu' has different size in shared object, co nsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV17wxGenericListCtrl' has different size in share d object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV16wxScrolledWindow' has different size in shared  object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV10wxListItem' has different size in shared objec t, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV7wxGauge' has different size in shared object, c onsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV9wxListBox' has different size in shared object,  consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV10wxListBase' has different size in shared objec t, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV8wxChoice' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV8wxObject' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV10wxClientDC' has different size in shared objec t, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV10wxMenuBase' has different size in shared objec t, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV14wxBitmapButton' has different size in shared o bject, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV13wxJPEGHandler' has different size in shared ob ject, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV7wxFrame' has different size in shared object, c onsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV8wxButton' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV12wxPNGHandler' has different size in shared obj ect, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV6wxFont' has different size in shared object, co nsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV6wxIcon' has different size in shared object, co nsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV14wxImageHandler' has different size in shared o bject, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV9wxControl' has different size in shared object,  consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV16wxTopLevelWindow' has different size in shared  object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV18wxGenericDirDialog' has different size in shar ed object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV7wxPanel' has different size in shared object, c onsider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV10wxListCtrl' has different size in shared objec t, consider re-linking
./daphneloader.bin: Symbol `_ZTV8wxColour' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./daphneloader: line 12: 29727 Segmentation fault      ./daphneloader.bin $@
DaphneLoader failed with an unknown error.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:55 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I'd try compiling v0.99.7 from source code

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:27 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Matt Ownby wrote:
I'd try compiling v0.99.7 from source code

I was planning on giving that a try but I'm a total linux newbie and unless everything is strait forward I get kind of lost. I did manage to figure out that Daphne was originally compiled using the unicode build of wxgtk. It took me a while to nail that down but i managed to compile using the --enable-unicode flag and got past my first crash. Then once I did that I started hitting the crash seen above.

I'm going to try and compile it but even the simplest walkthrough is confusing to me. According to the compile readme:

Quote:
- Install these libraries (with headers) if you don't already have them:
SDL 1.2 (tested with 1.2.5, older versions may work fine)
SDL_Mixer
Ogg Vorbis (libogg, libvorbis, libvorbisfile)
Zlib

I need to figure out where to get these and where to "install" them (with headers). Once I figure this out I think I can do the rest... I hope!

Again, I feel like a total goon not knowing the simplest things but I'm learning!!!

What about the 0.101.7 version?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:08 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

I've been poking through the source code and if I'm reading things correctly I just need to put those libraries in the same directory as the rest of the source code then do the make from there... Time to start searching for libraries!

Does the Daphne Loader compile along with the main program?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:05 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

With ubuntu, you do not need to build any of the libraries from source; you can just install them using the "apt-get" command; this includes wxgtk. I don't have access to my ubuntu install at the moment so I can't tell you the exact names of the libraries.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:31 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Ok, here is a sequence of commands you can do to install the libraries (with development headers) so that you can either run my precompiled binary outright, or build it easily from source.

Code:
sudo -s
apt-get install libwxgtk2.6-dev
apt-get install libexpat1-dev
apt-get install libssl-dev
apt-get install zlib1g-dev
apt-get install libsdl-1.2-dev
apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
apt-get install libvorbis-dev
apt-get install libogg-dev

You may also need the GLEW library, and the one included in ubuntu is too old so you will need to build that one from source which fortunately is one of the easier projects to build from source. You can find it at http://glew.sf.net

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:20 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Matt Ownby wrote:
Ok, here is a sequence of commands you can do to install the libraries (with development headers) so that you can either run my precompiled binary outright, or build it easily from source.

Oh man... You rule. Thanks for the help. If I can sneak away to the computer tonight I'll give this a try.

I'll try building it from source just to give myself the experience.

Thanks again!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:13 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Matt Ownby wrote:

Code:
sudo -s
apt-get install libwxgtk2.6-dev
apt-get install libexpat1-dev
apt-get install libssl-dev
apt-get install zlib1g-dev
apt-get install libsdl-1.2-dev
apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
apt-get install libvorbis-dev
apt-get install libogg-dev

You may also need the GLEW library, and the one included in ubuntu is too old so you will need to build that one from source which fortunately is one of the easier projects to build from source. You can find it at http://glew.sf.net

Nearly all those apt-get commands came back as not valid. Looks like I'll have to dig and figure out those from scratch. I also had some issues with GLEW (never did get it compiled) but I think that is just because I didn't have much time to play with it.

My wife will be out of town for a few days so I see some uninterrupted late nights getting this going :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:35 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Ah, there are a few more steps I had assumed you had already done in preparation which you may not have done.

First, check your /etc/apt/sources.list file .

About 1/3 of the way down you will see some stuff about the 'universe' repository. You need to uncomment the line that looks like this:
Code:
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper universe

which is basically just removing the # in front of it.

Then once you've done that, go to a terminal and run the commands:

Code:
sudo -s
apt-get update

then run the other batch of commands that I've given you (without the sudo -s since you've already done that hehe).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:47 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Matt Ownby wrote:
Ah, there are a few more steps I had assumed you had already done in preparation which you may not have done.

I'm very, very new to all of this... With the exception of hacking my TiVo, this is my first venture in to the linux universe. I'm really stoked to learn all of this and get it working.

Thanks again for all your help!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Oh, so close!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:28 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Note: A quick edit... I had to do a quick "cut and paste" before running off to work. Now that I'm here I can clean it up a bit..

I decided to reload ubuntu and start from scratch. I've got everything loaded and even managed to get GLEW installed. Now the issues...

Firing up the pre-compiled linux build of Daphne gets me a constant reboot of the program. I see the frames cycling at the beginning (rom check, insrert coin, etc) then a pause then the frames cycle again. I can't do anything else.

A few questions before the log files... I pulled the video from my DL20 Anniversary set (DVD-Video) on my WinXP machine. Are there any issues with using those files on Linux? This seems to be either video or frame file related. Did I miss somewhere documentation on the use of these files?

In Daphneloader (Is there source to build this?) the "input" tab is blank. I'm not sure if it's picking up my keyboard input for the game.

Here is the log file (with a few redundant things removed to save space):
Code:
--DAPHNE version 0.99.7

--Command line is: daphne lair vldp -framefile /home/mame/Desktop/daphne-0.99.7/DL20/lair_dl20.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -bank 0 11111001 -bank 1 00100111 -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480

--CPU : GenuineIntel 2800 MHz || Mem : 512 megs

Setting sound buffer size to 2048

Setting screen width to 640

Setting screen height to 480

Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 0

Initializing sound system ...

No joysticks detected

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u1.bin...8192 bytes read.

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u2.bin...8192 bytes read.

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u3.bin...8192 bytes read.

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u4.bin...8192 bytes read.

Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: /home/mame/Desktop/daphne-0.99.7/DL20/./

YUV overlay is hardware accelerated.

Booting ROM ...

Play

LDP : disc is already playing, play command ignored

Play

Display disable received

Search to 323 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

LDP-VLDP.CPP : Could not open video file /home/mame/Desktop/daphne-0.99.7/DL20/./DLS00.VOB.m2v

LDP : search command was rejected

Search to 324 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

LDP-VLDP.CPP : Could not open video file /home/mame/Desktop/daphne-0.99.7/DL20/./DLS00.VOB.m2v

Search to 325 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Play

Display disable received

Search to 194 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 1 Attract ModeResurrection Scene

Display disable received

Search to 306 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 10 Attract Mode

Display disable received

Search to 323 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Search to 324 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Search to 325 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Play

Display disable received

Search to 194 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 1 Attract ModeResurrection Scene

Display disable received

Display disable received

Search to 1424 received - [ 0] Introduction, Sequence 0

LDP-VLDP.CPP : Could not open video file /home/mame/Desktop/daphne-0.99.7/DL20/./dl-le.VOB.m2v

Search to 1425 received - [ 0] Introduction, Sequence 0

LDP-VLDP.CPP : Could not open video file /home/mame/Desktop/daphne-0.99.7/DL20/./dl-le.VOB.m2v

Search to 1426 received - [ 0] Introduction, Sequence 0

Play

Search to 1823 received - [ 0] Introduction, Sequence 3

Search to 1824 received - [ 0] Introduction, Sequence 3

Search to 1825 received - [ 0] Introduction, Sequence 3

Play

Search to 3561 received - [ 3] Flaming Ropes, Sequence 0

(A bunch of rejected search paths deleted here for space)

Search to 24240 received - [1f] Underground River, Sequence 23 Bones Scene

Play

Search to 306 received - [1f] Underground River, Sequence 0 Bones Scene

Search to 306 received - [1f] Underground River, Sequence 0 Bones Scene

Shutting down video display...

Next, I tried the version I compiled from the 0.99.7 source code. There didn't seem to be any issues during the build and it would start right up but with some problems. Using the one I compiled, it freezes at the ROM check and does not go any further:

Code:
--DAPHNE version 0.99.7

--Command line is: daphne lair vldp -framefile /home/mame/Desktop/daphne/DL20/lair_dl20.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -fastboot -bank 0 11111001 -bank 1 00100111 -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480

--CPU : GenuineIntel 2800 MHz || Mem : 512 megs

Unknown command line parameter:

-fastboot

Setting sound buffer size to 2048

Setting screen width to 640

Setting screen height to 480

Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 0

Initializing sound system ...

No joysticks detected

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u1.bin...8192 bytes read.

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u2.bin...8192 bytes read.

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u3.bin...8192 bytes read.

Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u4.bin...8192 bytes read.

Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: /home/mame/Desktop/daphne/DL20/./

YUV overlay is hardware accelerated.

Booting ROM ...

Play

LDP : disc is already playing, play command ignored

Play

Display disable received

LDP: Playback speed of 1 was requested (ignored)

LDP: Playback speed of 1 was requested (ignored)

Pause

Search to 0 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

LDP-VLDP.CPP ERROR: frame could not be converted to file, probably due to framefile.

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00000

Search to 1 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

LDP-VLDP.CPP ERROR: frame could not be converted to file, probably due to framefile.

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00001

Search to 2 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00002

Search to 3 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00003

Search to 4 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00004

Search to 5 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00005

Search to 6 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00006

(Note:  a whole bunch of these "search to xx received" were deleted for space)

Search to 39 received - [25] Attract Mode, Sequence 0 Attract Mode

Your framefile must begin on at least frame 00039

Shutting down sound system...

Shutting down video display...

Offline Profile