It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: hard drive and file size of games
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:35 am 
Registered  User

How big (in Gigabytes) is a complete file of a DAPHNE-emulated game like, for example, Dragon's Lair?
After you take a DL DVD, rip the MPEGS/oggs, create frame files, download ROM images....the whole ball of wax.....and you now have a fully playable Dragon's Lair on your PC or Mac, how much hard drive space does that one, big complete file (er, uh, game) take up in your hard drive??

Jodi

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 am 
Registered  User

My dragon's lair mpeg directory is 1.39GB
The rom is 246kb
The framefile is 1kb

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:59 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

dvd2daph tells you how much space you need.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:11 pm 
Registered  User

Hey Zeppo....1.39GB + 246 kb + 1kb sounds great!!
I will be ready to resort to a new plan for going Daphne......

In early 2007, three things will happen:
1) I will upgrade my current G4 iMac to an Intel-based iMac (this new iMac was just unveiled two days ago, sporting Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 160 GB hard drive minimum - 250 GB hard drive maximum, SuperDrive, ATI Radeon GPU, TONS of internal memory....the works!) BTW I've had my G4 iMac for 4 years now -- it's time for an upgrade anyway :) Last, but not least, wait for OSX 10.5 aka Leopard, which will make "BootCamp" a breeze! :)
2) Download BootCamp from www.apple.com/bootcamp
3) Purchase a copy of Windows XP or maybe the brand-spanking new Windows expected to ship in January.

With this combination, I won't need Virtual PC, and I think this combination will make the DAPHNE/dvd2daph process MUCH MUCH easier, particularly the dvd2daph part.

I want to thank casm for his recent post on the DAPHNE docfile. Some of it, yes, is a bit outdated, but it's a nice, organized breakdown of it's innards (I printed the whole thing out!). But even better, I printed out EVERY page of the DAPHNE wiki -- that's going to be REALLY helpful for me. :)

But wait, there's more! :) Earlier this week, I ordered directly from Digital Leisure a copy of the Dragon's Lair 20th Anniversary DVD box set, and should be receiving it anyday now. 20th Ann. = the best :)

Yes, the DAPHNE journey for me will have to wait, but I think the wait will be worth it.

Thanks again!
Jodi

P.S. anyone who wishes to comment about my above mentioned plans (hardware and software issues, etc.) are welcome!!

Offline Profile