It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Correct location for sound files
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:14 am 
Registered  User

I'm getting an error Daphne can't initalize the sound files because it cannot locate them. I just want to verify the correct location these files should be in. i've done a lot of searching on these forums before posting and read the FAQ. I'm sorry if I missed it, and thanks for your assistance :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Correct location for sound files
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:01 am 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

Torc wrote:
I'm getting an error Daphne can't initalize the sound files because it cannot locate them. I just want to verify the correct location these files should be in. i've done a lot of searching on these forums before posting and read the FAQ. I'm sorry if I missed it, and thanks for your assistance :)

These files should be in the same location with your video files. Additionally, the audio file should have the same name as the video file (ie:lair.m2v would be video and lair.ogg would be the name of the audio file). BTW, just as a reminder for you, the introduction to this tech forum also states that you should provide a readout of your Daphne log file for the sake of troubleshooting assistance. If you could provide that for future support, that would be appreciated...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:49 pm 
Registered  User

I found out what it was.

1) i extracted daphne
2) i extracted the images I have which also contained some older version of the sound files, which wound up overwriting the ones that came with the latest version of daphne.

this was causing the error. I didn't realize those audio files came with daphne, i thought they were placed in the sound folder when i had extracted the data for the games. Its working now :) thanks for your response and in the future I'll make sure to post my log file if i have another issue.

Offline Profile