It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:03 pm


All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: DLE2.1 problems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:00 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 9
I can get DL F2 to work fine in Daphne, but not DLE2.1. I do have the DLE mpg.

My daphne_log.txt file reads:

--DAPHNE version 0.99.7
--Command line is: C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\daphne.exe dle2 vldp -framefile C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\dlse\framefile.txt -bank 0 11001000 -bank 1 11110011
--CPU : GenuineIntel 2950 MHz || Mem : 512 megs
--OS : Windows XP/.NET || Video : Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 0
Initializing sound system ...
No joysticks detected
Remapping input ...
Loading ./roms/dle21/DLE21_U1.bin ... 0 bytes read into memory
ROM image file DLE21_U1.bin could not be loaded
DLE readme21.txt file is missing or altered.
Please get the original file from http://www.d-l-p.com. Thanks.
Could not load ROM images! You must supply these.
Shutting down sound system...
Shutting down video display...

Hmmm...I did not change the readme file. I downloaded the .zip from the dlp and unzipped it and used that with no changes. Any ideas/clues anyone? Thanks,

Joe (unknown_comic) Magiera
joemagiera at ameritech dot net
joemagiera@ameritech.net


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:12 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 910
Location: San Francisco
it looks like daphne isn't finding the roms at all, not just the txt file. Make sure you have them in the correct location.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: fixed "user error", next problem...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:37 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 9
Thanks for the response Chip, doh! you were right, I had the 2.1 roms in the wrong spot. What a dork. Okay, I fixed that, but now I get a Framefile Parse Error. I used the framefile editor to be sure I was aligning my mpeg correctly. Here's my latest log...

--DAPHNE version 0.99.7
--Command line is: C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\daphne.exe dle2 vldp -framefile C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\framefile.txt -bank 0 11001000 -bank 1 11110011
--CPU : GenuineIntel 2950 MHz || Mem : 512 megs
--OS : Windows XP/.NET || Video : Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 0
Initializing sound system ...
No joysticks detected
Remapping input ...
Loading ./roms/dle21/DLE21_U1.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Loading ./roms/dle21/DLE21_U2.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Loading ./roms/dle21/DLE21_U3.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Framefile Parse Error

That's it. No further information. Any ideas? I don't know if it helps, but my frame file for DLE is this:

C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\dlse\
151 dlse.m2v

Thanks much,

Joe


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fixed "user error", next problem...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 910
Location: San Francisco
It could be the spaces in the path. Try moving your daphne folder to a simpler path location and adjusting the framefile to match.

joemagiera wrote:
--Command line is: <snip> -framefile C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\framefile.txt


Is this the correct name/location of your framefile?

joemagiera wrote:
That's it. No further information. Any ideas? I don't know if it helps, but my frame file for DLE is this:

C:\Documents and Settings\jm4172\My Documents\Joe\Daphne\dlse\
151 dlse.m2v


Is this the correct location of your m2v/ogg files? I only ask because they usually aren't in separate locations.

What is the source of your mpegs? If you use dvd2daph, it will set everything up for you. If you do have the digital leisure discs, you might just want to get the new daphne from the chatroom.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: DLSE 2.1 SUCCESS!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:54 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 9
SUCCESS!!! :D

Thanks Chip. After all "user errors" were corrected, it worked!

Once again a worthless object is happy.

Joe


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net