It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: can't open file dl-slates.m2v
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:36 pm 
Registered  User

I cannot get daphne to work i'v searched through this site and have found nothing. I'm currently getting this in my log
cannoit open dl-slates.m2v but when i go into that folder that file exists? I tried to play that file in windows media player and nothing happens. Do you think it's corrupt?

--DAPHNE version 0.99.7
--Command line is: daphne.exe lair vldp -framefile c:\daphne2\mpeg2\dl.txt -fullscreen
--CPU : AuthenticAMD 1800 MHz || Mem : 1536 megs
Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 80000001
Initializing sound system ...
No joysticks detected
Loading ./roms/lair/dl_f2_u1.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Loading ./roms/lair/dl_f2_u2.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Loading ./roms/lair/dl_f2_u3.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Loading ./roms/lair/dl_f2_u4.bin ... 8192 bytes read into memory
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: c:/daphne2/mpeg2/./mpeg2/lair/
Could not open file : c:/daphne2/mpeg2/./mpeg2/lair/dl-slates.m2v
Could not initialize laserdisc player!
Shutting down sound system...
Shutting down video display...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:29 am 
Registered  User

fixed problem it was the path in the framefile that needed to be fixed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: can't open file dl-slates.m2v
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:30 am 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

tyweed wrote:
I cannot get daphne to work i'v searched through this site and have found nothing. I'm currently getting this in my log
cannoit open dl-slates.m2v but when i go into that folder that file exists? I tried to play that file in windows media player and nothing happens. Do you think it's corrupt?

Hi there. This issue is actually addressed several times in this forum, so you may have overlooked it or didn't search against the right phrase (try "DL-Slates"). In any case, this could be caused by several factors due to user error, not necessarily a fault of Daphne; look closely at this selected output of your log file and then answer the following questions:
Code:
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: c:/daphne2/mpeg2/./mpeg2/lair/
Could not open file : c:/daphne2/mpeg2/./mpeg2/lair/dl-slates.m2v

Firstly are your DLII assets, both video and audio files, in the directory that has been named in your framefile: c:/daphne2/mpeg2/./mpeg2/lair/? Have you verified the syntax of your framefile's named path (having a directory named /. in Windows isn't very common)? Have you verfied that you're using the correct romset/framefile combination? This last question is especially important since the framefile name and rom names you've specified in the command line, according to your log, are typical of the first Dragon's Lair, not the second. If you've verified all of this as not being the cause of your problem, you may want to consider moving on to the latest version (beta) of Daphne by visiting the Chat Room here on the site.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Posted too late..
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:32 am 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

tyweed wrote:
fixed problem it was the path in the framefile that needed to be fixed.

Ah, very good. I'll leave my original reply up on your thread here in case anyone else should run into the same issue you've had for the sake of searching against the forums...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:18 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

lowlight wrote:
Have you verified the syntax of your framefile's named path (having a directory named /. in Windows isn't very common)

Actually, it's impossible. You physically cannot name a directory "." in Windows. A "." in windows is read as "current directory" just as ".." signifies "parent directory". Therefore the syntax above can be read the same as "c:/daphne2/mpeg2/mpeg2/lair/dl-slates.m2v"

This is why many people choose to create their framefiles with the simple path: ".". This effectively means "the m2v/ogg files are in the same directory as this framefile"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:18 am 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

chip wrote:
Actually, it's impossible. You physically cannot name a directory "." in Windows. A "." in windows is read as "current directory" just as ".." signifies "parent directory". Therefore the syntax above can be read the same as "c:/daphne2/mpeg2/mpeg2/lair/dl-slates.m2v"

This is why many people choose to create their framefiles with the simple path: ".". This effectively means "the m2v/ogg files are in the same directory as this framefile"

Exactly, that was the gist of the comment you quoted, it was my ill-attempted way of trying to be both informative, and what I thought was humorous at the same time :wink:. That notwithstanding, simply placing .\ in this file is in fact the way to go.

Offline Profile