It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: help! *sob*
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:07 am 
Registered  User

okay, first of all, thanks for creating this site. DL holds a special place in my heart. some of my fondest memories growing up where in 1984 (when i was 4) watching my brother try to save the princess at the arcade. not to mention-- i still have a couple of old DL cartoon episodes tucked away in my closet that i watch from time to time-- they are my prized possesions! lol!

and that's why i'm here. a few weeks ago my brother dug up his old CD ROM of DL which only runs on win95. he says he can't get it to work and asked me if i knew. i tried to google some help, but nothing listed seemed to work to get it to run in winxp. i asked my brother, "why don't you just get the dvd version and play it on a console?" he said no. he said this cd rom version was the *only* version he ever played which was smooth and didn't lag terribly.

now that i've come across this site, i was wondering if there was a way to surprise him for xmas and somehow get it to work-- either via the old cd rom or through this daphne emulator. i know there are FAQ and stuff to read, but i'm really computer illiterate. i would really need someone to hold my hand and give me step-by-step instruction on how to get this together for my brother in time for xmas.

so, are there any brave takers? i not only want to do this for him, but i'd also love to play it again. DL is the epitome of fun childhood times and awe. i loved watching the bright colors and realistic movie action-- and i thought the princess was so pretty! anyway, enough babbling... ::: in her best ben stein voice ::: "anyone? anyone?"

thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:13 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

drop by the chatroom. Daphne is really easy to setup now if you get the version there.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:32 pm 
Registered  User

chip wrote:
drop by the chatroom. Daphne is really easy to setup now if you get the version there.

okay, i shall! thanks so much! is there a particular time to stop by, or someone usually there?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:23 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

there's usually someone there. Just don't disconnect right away if you don't get a reply immediately. We aren't always focused on our chat windows.

Offline Profile