It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Copying Daphne to another PC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:09 am 
Registered  User

Hi folks, Ok I have a problem that others i read about dont seem to be getting.

I have got the original DVDs of the 20th Anniversary Edition box set of DL, DL2 and SA and authenticated my copies using Daphne after downloading all the needed .bf files from the torrents. What i want to do is copy that folder into my Jukebox cabinet i have in the lounge and run it from there instead. This PC jukebox has no internet connection and only contains MP3's and Daphne+games.

I have copied the entire authenticated Daphne folder (all 14Gigs of it) onto my Jukebox PC in the lounge but when i try to run DL or DL2 (or any game for that matter, i get the following message:

'Bug in get_autodownload_status(), please report'

followed by:

'Unknown error when checking dependencies'

All i expected was to have to authenticate my dvds again but this error stops Daphne doing ANYTHING.

Anyone else had this problem as i cant even authenticate the games again and run it. I dont see any way of running Daphne on this standalone jukebox PC if i cant just copy the entire Daphne folder over.
Any help on this or is it an unsupported bug because of what im trying to do?

Cheers
Craig

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:40 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I remember when I was moving Dragon's Lair to a dedicated DL Daphne cabinet I had some sort of error, but I just put a batch file in the startup folder and ran it (running Daphne from the command line seems ok)

I wish there was a feature to disable the auto download (well I can't find it, but didn't look to hard) I use a old rip of mine from my LD and I copied it over and from the loader it wanted to download something, so I just used it from the command line and no issues.

Hope all that made sense :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:05 pm 
Registered  User

Hi Borf, Yes i can run it with command line parameters, it seems like it is a DaphneLoader error looking for something that isnt there (maybe a registry key or something altho you dont install DaphneLoader it just sits in a folder so doubt its a registry problem).

trouble is I just want it to work the way it does on my internet PC. I understand why they dont add a tick box to enable or disable torrent sharing because everyone would simply disable it, but you just dont need it if you are using it in a standalone cabinet and it causes major problems. It looks as tho DaphneLoader just will not work if its running on a PC that isnt connected to the internet which unfortunately makes the program rubbish.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:05 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

i thought there was a command line option to disable auto-updating. Can't remember what is tho, as I was looking for it recently. I moved my cab close enough to my internet connection, tho, as I do like the auto-updating. are you saying that the command line option is causing problems?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Copying Daphne to another PC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Blobby wrote:

'Bug in get_autodownload_status(), please report'

followed by:

'Unknown error when checking dependencies'

This is a bug that I didn't know about (hence the request to "please report"). Thanks for reporting it. I may look into it later, but right now I am working on other things.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Copying Daphne to another PC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:03 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Matt Ownby wrote:
but right now I am working on other things.

And what might they be Matt :D

Offline Profile