It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Download troubles (using Comcast)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:17 am 
Registered  User

Hankerin for some DL2 (one of my better pc games growing up) so i get Daphne installed and try to launch it up.

First i get errors that i cant get the files, i got corrupt tracker response, and a couple different http errors. i tried to forward my 6881 port and it didnt help much, it was able to analyze the files but still couldnt download them. any ideas here?

Funny, i have the roms in and set up right, all i need now is the game support files (64 kb) if there was a link to dl that could i just put those in and work around?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

A couple of other people have reported the "corrupt tracker response" error. Are you by chance a Comcast customer? I have reason to suspect that Comcast is interfering. But I need more data.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:20 pm 
Registered  User

Yes im with comcast. good to hear im not the only one with troubles like this.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Well... this is precisely why I canceled my Comcast service. I even told the guy behind the counter the reason I was canceling; it wasn't much, but it was something. :)

If you (or another Comcast customer) wants to run WireShark and sniff the HTTP traffic to see what the corrupt response is, I would be interested in looking at it. As I don't have comcast myself, I can't reproduce the problem.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 am 
Registered  User

that sounds a little complicated for me, maybe ill just fork up the cash to buy it.

but keep me posted if anything changes, eh?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:47 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

iamthemoose wrote:
that sounds a little complicated for me, maybe ill just fork up the cash to buy it.

but keep me posted if anything changes, eh?

Hold up there friend... you can't "buy" daphne's laserdisc footage. You need to first legally own the available digital leisure titles but otherwise you should NEVER pay for "romz".

Why? Because "burning service" or not this method promotes piracy as said burners are getting paid to make you a copy. Now differences in ethics aside burners can draw unwanted attention to the community and cause publishers to throw around "cease" orders and what-not, which is bad for us all.

Now some people's opinions will differ on the subject, but my experience has always been that once money goes into the equation bad things go down.

If you have the option, chip is offering the best solution as comcast is a TERRIBLE service. ;)
Of course finding a friend that has all the footage that'll burn you a copy is an option as well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:02 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

iamthemoose wrote:

Sounds like DaphneLoader could benefit from having a log file like Daphne does :o

And yeah, HowardC is right on. Forking up cash to buy from people who aren't authorized to sell hurts all of us.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 pm 
Registered  User

iamthemoose wrote:

didnt mean to cause a fuss, i meant buy the DigitalLeisure DVD, not a pirated copy. I completely agree with what you have to say about that and would never pay money for a bootleg copy when the developers are the ones who should get my hard earned green.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:00 am 
Registered  User

So... any news on this or am I dead in the water here?

Offline Profile