It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DAPHNE DVD Cover / CD Label
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:00 pm 
Registered  User

I have recently created a CD Label and DVD Covers for MAME for both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

Is anyone interested in a DAPHNE version to be added to the DAPHNE project/website?

Let me know.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:35 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I'm actually working on something similar. I'm taking the original laserdisc labels and vectorizing them so they can be used for dvd labels. I have about half of them vectorized... I only need someone who reads japaneese to type out the sega labels for me. (Astron belt, ect)

I'm also on the lookout for the orignal laserdisc jackets if there are any.

Sorry to butt in, I just wanted to let you know someone is already on it if you haven't started yet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:44 am 
Registered  User

HowardC wrote:
Sorry to butt in, I just wanted to let you know someone is already on it if you haven't started yet.

I have finished the MAME labels/covers, it would be very simple to change the text from MAME to DAPHNE as its all in Photoshops PSD format.

About to start the Jewel case fronts/backs now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:04 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

HowardC wrote:
I'm taking the original laserdisc labels and vectorizing them so they can be used for dvd labels.

wow, that's a great idea! :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:02 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

[quote="Ad_Enuff"]

I have finished the MAME labels/covers, it would be very simple to change the text from MAME to DAPHNE as its all in Photoshops PSD format.

[quote]

I say go for it then. :)

I wanted to look at the ones you've done over at mameworld but I'm not willing to screw with my firewall to do so. I'm not sure what your reasoning is behind not using the default port, but considering literally every other computer user these days has a hardware firewall (read router) you might want to change it back to the default. They're probably great, but nobody will know until you make them readily available.

Btw... I think badlands is done I'll see waht I can do about posting a preview image. (Not that it's that spectacular as most of the original labels are just text and logos.)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:14 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Quote:
'm also on the lookout for the orignal laserdisc jackets if there are any.

The only disc jacket with artwork I know of is Badlands. I don't have it anymore, though. :(

Another source you might consider is the promotional flyers. There are excellent archives available at http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/community/flyers/ and http://www.arcadeflyers.com.

Good luck,
-Warren.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:21 pm 
Registered  User

HowardC wrote:
I say go for it then. :)

OK, Done!

HowardC wrote:
I wanted to look at the ones you've done over at mameworld but I'm not willing to screw with my firewall to do so. I'm not sure what your reasoning is behind not using the default port, but considering literally every other computer user these days has a hardware firewall (read router) you might want to change it back to the default. They're probably great, but nobody will know until you make them readily available.

First of all, there are preview images on teh submissions board for people to download a low res preview image.

Secondly, I totally appreciate where yoru coming from, but the strange thing is its only a very small percentage that can't get in my FTP. The reason this was necessary and having a firewall myself, I have had DOS attacks using port 80 in the past by zombies by individuals that have more time on their hands. That why I changed the port number.

In the mean time, I shall revert back to Port 80 and see if it occurs again. If so, I'll have to revert back to another port to block such attacks.

HowardC wrote:
Btw... I think badlands is done I'll see what I can do about posting a preview image. (Not that it's that spectacular as most of the original labels are just text and logos.)

If you have any imagery in good quality, I can restore it forensically (thats my profession - Forensic Scientist in Video, Photographic and other imagery).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:10 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry I didn't mean any disrespect, I'm just a networking guy and seeing odd ports is a pet peeve of mine. :) Btw have you thought of alternate hosting? Stuzza hooked me up with a daphne section over at
The Screenshot Archive

There are bandwith constraints but he might be able to help. Btw my aw collection is over there, you guys should check it out. (oops forgot to announce that)

Anyway.... regarding your offer I'm not sure if you could be of much help, though I appreciate it.

I am mainly taking pics from the dlp and simply cropping them and then tracing over them. Most of the pics look like this:

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/virtual/pics/bb/disc.jpg

As you can see enhancing the image wouldn't really do me any good as the labels themselves are in bad shape. Of course I have no clue how you do the stuff you do so I could be wrong. They really need to be redrawn completely. However I'm still looking for someone familiar with japaneese characters. I can hunt and peck with the special characters feature in windows, but that will take forever.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:29 pm 
Registered  User

Dragon's Lair is now complete!

DVD Cover / CD Label / Jewel Cases (Front and Back)

Find them on my FTP here: http://mamecovers.mameworld.net/

Enjoy!

Ad_Enuff

Offline Profile