It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Daphneloader source code
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:22 am 
Registered  User

Is the Daphneloader source code available? What about original high-res Daphne graphics/artwork?

Thanks!

-Rando

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:40 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

The DaphneLoader source is in with the rest of the source, which is available on the download page. It's coded in Visual Basic 6. (There is also a nascent linux port in C++.)

At the moment, it seems to be named ".tar.tar", when it should be ".tar.gz". If you're using Windows, you can use WinZip to extract the source files from this archive.

There is also completely separate cross-platform UI project named "Dirk." http://www.jaegertech.com/dirk/

As for artwork, I don't think there is anything at higher resolution than what is available on the site and in the program. (Matt, is there a source file for the logo artwork, or is it purely a bitmap?)

What did you have in mind for using these? I always like to hear about projects that people have going on... :)

-Warren.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:58 pm 
Registered  User

I have a MAME cabinet I'm 90% finished with and I ran across Daphne recently. I thought it would be the ultimate to put them together (of course!). Anyway, I wanted a nice graphical interface but wanted to customize it not to show the games I don't have. I'm waiting for some discs to be delivered through the mail. (Read: not downloaded, for you cheapskates!) :) I'm a VB programmer profesionally, so writing one from scratch wouldn't be that big of a deal (I would assume you would just use shellexec api call + arguments) but I was really curious how YOU good people do things more than anything. The other consideration is that I wanted to use my arcade hardware to control it. No mouse, no keyboard.

As for the artwork, I was considering photoshopping together a backlit DaphMame marquee for the cabinet...

Thanks for answering my question. Hope someone knows where I can get my hands on some hi-res Daphne art.

-Rando

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:05 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I use Daphne and MAME in the same cabinet but use Game Launcher front end to launch my games.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:55 am 
Registered  User

I just took a look at Game Loader. That's pretty nice looking. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

-Rando

Offline Profile