It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I gotcha chip.... that should take like 3 secs to implement.
At one point I knew a decent amount about TT as it was in my local arcade, but they got rid of it at least 15 years ago so my memory on some things are a tad fuzzy. I kinda thought that was the case, but again, it's been 15 years so I went by what I knew to be fact hoping somebody who knew better could confirm. :)

Back in ancient times, before dinosaurs roamed the earth mame's defaults were good... and then somebody said "let there be ALT!"... and it was bad. I personally hate mame's defaults because everybody knows ctrl and alt as buttons on a windows box is a bad idea, but for some reason when I don't make an app with mame defaults people complain. You've both convinced me though, I'm switching it back.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:43 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Yeah, I never quite understood why mame changed their defaults. Using modifier keys as single button presses seems like a bad idea. I can't think of what benefits this would have over the problems it creates. I prefer Daphne's (and Mame's older) defaults. The spacebar is just so easy to hit without looking at it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Two words.... Id Software

Those are the defaults of all their games.... which was fine around the time mame changed them because they ran in dos mode.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: L'QTEE Laserdisc Engine
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:35 pm 
Registered  User

Hello forums. First time poster here. I got both the PC and DVD NTSC versions of this game and thought maybe I could help. Is the project still in development?

HowardC wrote:
Also some info on the dvd version would be nice. I don't have it yet and the pc-cdrom version is easier to script for, but if the videos are cut-up in a similar fashion I should have no trouble converting the scripts to work on the dvd rom version as well.

It's laid differently. The videos are split into 18 files (VOBs). The deaths are merged with the main video for a scene. A VOB contains all the scenes for a single level (along with their deaths).

* VTS_01_1 = Game tutorial.
    * VTS_02_1 = 1,873
    * VTS_03_1 = Attraction videos
    * VTS_04_1 = Annoying Wizard clips
    * VTS_05_1 = The level map intro clip ("Use the joystick to change time periods.") followed by the year intro clips
    * VTS_06_1 = 2,173
    * VTS_07_1 = 1,998
    * VTS_08_1 = World of magic level
    * VTS_09_1 = 50,000 BC
    * VTS_10_1 = 1,350
    * VTS_11_1 = 2,552
    * VTS_12_1 = Complete game run without dying
    * VTS_13_1 = Cube trader clips
    * VTS_14_1 = Hellgate clips
    * VTS_15_1 = Final boss and ending scenes
    * VTS_16_1 = Bonus DVD extras
    * VTS_18_1 = The lives remaining/game over clips

The framerates on the HTT text files in the PC version do not match but they are still helpful. Using VirtualDub I did a comparison between scenes from the PC and DVD. I found that if I doubled the frame values then the death cues for the scenes would match. For example, the tutorial scene (HTT80.TXT) says the first move happens on frame 64. For the DVD the matching frame is 128.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:36 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

It's still in development sorta.....

In all honesty I haven't really messed with it since my last post. I fixed the bugs mentioned in this thread but that's about it. It didn't seem to draw the interest of anyone on this board and if people here don't want it then I can bet that NOBODy would ever use the engine to make new games.

Your info is indeed helpful though and if I ever start again I'll use it. I probably better go ahead and buy the dvd myself though.

The framerate thing is about what I expected. The cdrom version runs at about 15 fps, the dvd is around 30 then.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I just wanted you to know that I've started working on the engine again. I'm not coding anything atm, but what I am doing is documenting how to make your own game. Although not every command and feature I would like is in the engine, it is now far enough along that anyone could make their own custom game without too much trouble.

Since were nearing towards the holidays, don't expect much, but I should be able to release a new version, with the issues described in this thread fixed along with a how-to guide before years end. After that I'll go ahead and implement the missing features and THEN I'll look into other things like getting the dvd and laserdisc rips to run in the engine.

After that I'll start on the lightgun game engine, which will use this engine as a base.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:15 am 
Registered  User

i am very interested in making my own lasergame, not so much in Time Traveler...
:D
Is the project still alive?

Best regards, and thanks for your work for the community!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

SINGE has kind of taken over so it's not active anymore no...

I do want to add my efforts into the TT script for SINGE, but thus-far I haven't gotten a reply from the author. I'm really reluctant to modify someone elses code without permission.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: L'QTEE Laserdisc Engine (With scripts for Time Traveler!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:45 am 
Registered  User

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get Dragon's Lair The Curse Of Mordread running on Singe? I have the DVD and because it was never an arcade it will never be supported in Daphne.

Any idea's?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

Cougar888 wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get Dragon's Lair The Curse Of Mordread running on Singe? I have the DVD and because it was never an arcade it will never be supported in Daphne.

Any idea's?

I think you are a little confused because Dragon's Lair III - The curse of Mordread was a game released for Amiga/PC in the 90s, so it's impossible you have it on DVD. Most of the footage in it are from Dragon's Lair II - Timewarp (arcade) that is already emulated by Daphne.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:30 pm 
Registered  User

No need to be condescending, I would post some pics of my DVD which is exactly the same as my Dragon's lair DVD and my Dragon's Lair II DVD, my Space Ace DVD and also my Time Traveler DVD but it says my post looks too spamy with outside links. It is on Amazon if you would care to look.
Granted it doesn't say The curse of Mordread on it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:35 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

Cougar888 wrote:
No need to be condescending, I would post some pics of my DVD which is exactly the same as my Dragon's lair DVD and my Dragon's Lair II DVD, my Space Ace DVD and also my Time Traveler DVD but it says my post looks too spamy with outside links. It is on Amazon if you would care to look.
Granted it doesn't say The curse of Mordread on it.

I didn't mean to be condescending. It was you that incorrectly referred to The Curse of Mordread.
Anyway, I think you mean this product.

Personally I think it was a lame attempt to give another sequel to Dragon's lair, but without the wonderful animation. So, as an old school fan from the glorious arcade days, this makes me feel sick. Personally I'd prefer not seeing this game anymore, even in Singe. Just my two cents.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm 
Registered  User

Yeah thats the one. I understand not everyone will like every game but I was just wondering if there was a way to get this running within Singe. Do you have any ideas on that?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

Cougar888 wrote:
Yeah thats the one. I understand not everyone will like every game but I was just wondering if there was a way to get this running within Singe. Do you have any ideas on that?

It is surely technically possible, as already done with Time Traveler for example. It would need attention and work from a person technically able to code Singe games. Sorry but it's not me. Maybe someone else could be willing to do it with enough motivation.
If you want to learn and do it yourself you should start from here. Good luck!

Matteo

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Cougar888 wrote:
it says my post looks too spamy with outside links.

Since you are a new user, the system considers you at risk of being a spam bot (which is a very common occurrence around here). Once you post some more and hang around longer you will be able to post links and other things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:15 am 
Registered  User

Thanks Matteo, I've checked out the Singe page already because I used the files to get Time Traveler working. I am certainly no programmer just a games player LOL

Matt, I guessed that was the case. I will certainly be sticking around as I have loved your program since day one and having recently got back into using Daphne I am again hooked!!

Offline Profile