It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Daphne Cab Questions - Moved Item from DLP Board
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:54 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

I know that a LD player hooks to my PC via the serial port. What about Video Out from the LD player? Where does that go? Do I need a video card in the PC that can do S-video or composite in? Or does Daphne do the video? I mean, the LD video signal has to go somewhere!

If you are going to use a Daphne/LD Player then you will need to send the LD video somewhere. A standard TV monitor with composite video in is probably the easiest and cheapest solution, but there are other ways to go. For the cabinet I am working on I am using a NTSC->RGB to output to a standard arcade monitor but I had free access to these items. And I would have had to pay for a TV (and I am cheap). If you are going to use a Daphne/MPEG solution then you will most likely output your video to a standard VGA display.

Erm, how is the KB hack done to effectively use videogame controls?

In my opinion the easiest way is to purchase the Ipac from www.ultimarc.com but a KB hack can be fun if you like to tinker with this stuff. Again I use a KB hack because I have easy access to KBs and again I am cheap. For a lot of information about this check out www.arcadecontrols.com.

What about the video monitor in the cabinet? Is there a whole TV in there or just the tube?

For my current project I am using an arcade monitor but for a former MAME project it came down to space. I could not fit the monitor in the cab without removing it from the case.

I am really confused...I want to try the LD player route but I am a little lost. This is the neatest way to go and the method least likely to piss off my wife. :)

Good luck. I have not found a way to work on these projects without pissing off my wife.

Rob

Offline Profile