It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: One step closer to a Daphne cabinet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:25 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

At a recent USAA arcade auction, I picked up a working Xenophobe for less than a PS2 costs. Got it home and have been working on hacking it. I picked up a Wells-Gardner NTSC<->RGB board out of a DL, got it hooked up to the Xenophobe monitor and hacked in a second set of audio taps (I have the two-channel amp board).

To run Daphne, I have my Sony LDP-1500 sitting on top of the cabinet, my P-133 laptop on it, my hand-made scoreboard in front of the monitor stalk, and a keyboard positioned behind the Xenophobe joysticks. Not an ideal arrangement, but it's playable. I'll probably end up getting an Ipac or something to pass keycodes back up to the laptop from the Xenophobe joysticks.

At the moment, I have to manually move cables from the Xenophobe hardware to the Daphne hardware. Eventually I'll rig up some kind of switch box to cut it over. Of course, I could always leave the Xenophobe unplugged and run MAME. :D

Very next thing, though, is to get the latest version of Daphne and try out DLE 2.0 with my repro LD.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Scoreboard
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:52 pm 
Registered  User

Hi Ethan!

As I am reading through this forum for qiite a while now, i figured out that there are offered "plug and play" repro scoreboards for DL/SA, where only the cable to the pc has to be modified to get it working with daphne. I am thinking of creating a scoreboard entirely by myself but had no success in finding a sketch with the circuitry somewhere in the internet. Could you maybe help me out ? (Because you wrote something about a "handmade" scoreboard you are using in your previous post).

thanx in advance!

Dreamer030

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Scoreboard schematics
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:04 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

The ones I worked with are at

http://www.bionicmonkey.com/dlp/schematics/lair_s.zip

(there's a link to them from my scoreboard page at http://penguincentral.com/retrocomputin ... board.html )

Good luck,

-ethan

Offline Profile