It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Dragons Lair Auto-Downloading work with CD instead of DVD?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:46 pm 
Registered  User

Hello

I just downloaded the beta version and was going to download dragons lair 1 and 2 and space ace however I am wondering if the Digital Leisure version that I have is compatible with beta 1, as I know it's not supported in Windows XP only 98 however it does load so will the scan of my CD allow me to play the download versions?

Also I have already converted the CD files so I can play the games anyway, so this version going to be the same as mine or better?

Lastly I am using version 99.7 on my arcade machine and have all the frame files, mpgs, oggs etc all configured and running perfectly, I am a bit wary about putting the new version on it as my front end calls Daphne to load the games and I am a bit worried that the new version will mess with all my current installs of the games, namely when it finds I already have the games will it try and download updates that are not needed as I have no CD or DVD rom drive installed in it only network.

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers
Shane

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:55 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

It won't work with CD's only DVD's. I guess I should add a FAQ entry about this at some point.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Deluxe version CD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 am 
Registered  User

Matt

thanks for reply, I guess i shall keep all my old versions of DL, DL2, Space Ace etc, etc, or maybe I could copy my original Deluxe CD to DVD then try, will this work or am I just being stupid :lol:

Or as above leave my cab alone and keep playing with the 0.97 version works for me wot u think?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:08 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Copying the files to a DVD won't work because the files on the DVD are compiled completely different than the CD version. They also have different names. For instance, the CD version has a hole bunch of files and formatted using a lower grade video. The DVD version only has like 10 files (I can't remember exactly since I don't have the DVD's anymore *sigh) and are in a totally different format.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: 20th anniversary special edition box set
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:06 am 
Registered  User

Hi Matt

Ok I decided to buy the box set (the one that everyone recommends that you can play on DVD, X-box Ps2 PC etc), I hope this will decrypt the files which are downloading now, anyway I have noticed that there are versions of Dl, Dl2 and space ace being distributed under the label blaze these are much cheaper and I could have go the three DVD games mentioned above and also drug wars, who shot johnny, crime wave, mad dog mcree and mad dog mcree 2, for less that I paid for the box set.

Heres an example of the said bundle

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/dragons-lair-1-2- ... dZViewItem

However I resisted just in case these versions would not be able to decrypt the downloaded versions, just for future reference and a guide to anyone else that wants to pick them up cheaper, whats the situation with these versions?

So will it be possible to buy these versions to decrypt the downloadable games via DaphneLoader and save a few quid at the same time, it won't affect me now as I already paid for the box set but it may save others some hard earned cash, Can you shed any light on this please...

Cheers

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:48 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I've never heard of Blaze. I wonder if they are legal :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:53 am 
Registered  User

Hello Matt

They certainly look legal from the screen shots of the boxes, the same as the DL stuff apart from Blaze written across the lower front of the disc cases...

Anyway from your response I'm glad I went for the recommended DL 20th aniv.. edition, already downloaded the files & gonna collect from the PO in the morning, can't wait...

I thought I'd ask the seller this as he has sold the last lot via buy it now and has got another auction up for the same stuff, anyway heres wot I asked....

Hello are these disc authorised by Digital Leisure & if so can they decrypt the downloadable files from Daphne loader?

Awaiting response...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:18 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

You may not get a reply on the second part of your question unless the guy uses these disks for such a purpose.

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:34 pm 
Registered  User

Hello,
I have a problem with files automatically downloaded, this is an example, "dl2-00001.m2v.bf", but the game don't nunction, if i rename it should not work anything.
Any idea?
Why they are ".bf"?
Tanks and sorry for my English
Ciao
Luca

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

You'll have to ask a friend to read the help thread on setting up DL, Space Ace, and DL2.

Offline Profile