It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Dragon's Lair HD Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:13 pm 
Registered  User

Thank you for answering the question that daphne uses a single version for all users that means I guess im using the best one which is good.
But I got thayers quest and it runs fine on my dvd but when daphne installed it and did whatever it did it sounds like its swearing at me or something after the warning screen.
Does everyone get this when they play thayers quest? I cant even get the game to start, I dunno it says it shouldnt work and well I cant get it to so there ya go.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:49 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

tigpoppA wrote:
Will there be an update to support the HD version?

I have no plans to pursue this right now. It's not something I am interested in.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:17 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

[quote="Justin42"]
Does the HD version include the 'prototype' scenes?
[/quote]

I'm looking for the same answer. Anybody?
Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:18 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Nope. The HD version does not have the prototype scenes

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:47 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

[quote="Envisaged0ne"]Nope. The HD version does not have the prototype scenes[/quote]

But htese prototype scenes can be found somewhere other than on the LD?
If not, why the heck didn't Digital Leisure used them to make a definitive edition of DL? Copyright issues?
Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:53 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Digital Leisure released a 20th anniversary edition box set that included the prototype scenes

http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Lair-20th ... +lair+20th

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:03 pm 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

I have just released the first version of my attempt to create a utility that is a spiritual successor to dvd2daph. The utility currently converts the Dragon's Lair HD video footage from the HD PC DVD-ROM release for use in Daphne. I'm looking for feedback and assistance to expand this to include the 5.1 remastered audio as well as to support the blu-ray releases of Dragon's Lair II and Space Ace.

Please check out my thread for this at https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3106.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 am 
Registered  User

[quote="Ikrananka"]I have just released the first version of my attempt to create a utility that is a spiritual successor to dvd2daph. The utility currently converts the Dragon's Lair HD video footage from the HD PC DVD-ROM release for use in Daphne. I'm looking for feedback and assistance to expand this to include the 5.1 remastered audio as well as to support the blu-ray releases of Dragon's Lair II and Space Ace.

Please check out my thread for this at [url]https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3106[/url].[/quote]

Hi Ikrananka,
I tried to click on the link you provided, but it is dead.
Any chance I can try your HD conversion program?
Little background.
I recently purchased a VPCabs pinball/arcade cabinet and got curious what else could run on this system. After going through some trial and error, I finally got DL, DLII and SA to work using the PinballX menu system.
I love all three of these games, but they look so dated due to the soft quality of the picture on my 32in HD LCD display.
I do own the DVD, Bluray and HD versions of DL, so it would be great to convert the game with a better picture.
Thanks!
Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 am 
Registered  User

[quote="Ikrananka"]I have just released the first version of my attempt to create a utility that is a spiritual successor to dvd2daph. The utility currently converts the Dragon's Lair HD video footage from the HD PC DVD-ROM release for use in Daphne. I'm looking for feedback and assistance to expand this to include the 5.1 remastered audio as well as to support the blu-ray releases of Dragon's Lair II and Space Ace.

Please check out my thread for this at [url]https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3106[/url].[/quote]

I have used your tool successfully and now I can enjoy playing DL in Daphne at hi res, thank you! :)

Almost everything went smoothly, I only had to modify one of the batch files because it wasn't finding my DVD.

Eventually I also increased the resolution to 1440x1080, which seemed to be the one on the DVD, but the visible difference is actually small.

Offline Profile