It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:08 pm 
Registered  User

Been with daphne for about 2 years now (with mpegs) an love it, dragons lair takes me back to being 13 again.
Now i've come to use the one dvd video that i own an daphne won't recogise it an i can't seem to direct the loader to the root of the dvd.
I think the dvd is region 2 an not a 20th edition, oh an i use windows xp.
Please help an keep up the great work.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New daphne won't recognise my timewarp dvd
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm 
Registered  User

reu wrote:
Been with daphne for about 2 years now (with mpegs) an love it, dragons lair takes me back to being 13 again.
Now i've come to use the one dvd video that i own an daphne won't recogise it an i can't seem to direct the loader to the root of the dvd.
I think the dvd is region 2 an not a 20th edition, oh an i use windows xp.
Please help an keep up the great work.

I would suspect that the fact that it's Region 2 might be the problem.

I have a DL2 laserdisc (which unfortunately has some bad laser rot) and also the Region 1 20th Anniversary edition. I recently used the 20th Anniversary DL2 to get the better quality and it seems to work fine.

Joe

Arcade cabinet specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4GB RAM, Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000, onboard audio, 16GB SSD (boot/OS/front end), 2TB 7200 rpm hard drive (emulators/ROMs), Wells-Gardner D9200 monitor, Klipsch 2.1 speakers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:50 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Follow the directions of this link:

http://daphne-emu.com/dvd_scan.php

It may lead to some solutions.

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:20 pm 
Registered  User

Ok thanks people!
Have sent that scan thing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Daphne not recognizing my DVD
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:49 pm 
Registered  User

I am having the same sort of problem. I am using the latest version (Beta)of Daphne, I have downloaded all 3+ gig of files from the Daphne Loader. I am running Windows Vista with a core 2 duo processor, 2 gig of RAM and a Nvidia 7600 GS graphics card. When I try to start Dragon's Lair 2, it says a "compatible disc cannot be found automatically. Please locate the root directory of the disc." I try to do this but it still does not recognize it. I have the region 1 video-DVD version of Timewarp by Digital Leisure. Am I doing something wrong here? Any assistance is appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:02 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Jerryhargabyte wrote:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 pm 
Registered  User

Layer wrote:
Jerryhargabyte wrote:

Oops...I forgot to mention, I also already sent a scan of the DVD to Matt. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Scan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:14 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

How long ago did you send it in? You may need to make sure Matt received it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Scan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:48 pm 
Registered  User

Layer wrote:

Good Point. I will e-mail Matt and confirm he received it. I appreciate the assistance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Scan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:52 pm 
Registered  User

Layer wrote:

I'm glad you suggested I check to see if Matt received it because some foolish person forgot to include the attachment. DOHH!!! Hopefully I got it right this time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:40 pm 
Registered  User

I sent a copy of my scan dvd yesterday and Matt was quick to respond. Since the last update my timewarp dvd has been read and I can now play DL2. (However I can't get past the dinosaur part, but that is because I suck)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:16 am 
Registered  User

Symos wrote:
I sent a copy of my scan dvd yesterday and Matt was quick to respond. Since the last update my timewarp dvd has been read and I can now play DL2. (However I can't get past the dinosaur part, but that is because I suck)

I never could get my Dragon's Lair 2 DVD to be recognized but it matters not because I was able to obtain the 20th Anniversary DVD Collection from Volcanogames for a mere $15.00+ Shipping. This version works fine with Daphne...and I forgot how much I suck at Dragon's Lair I or II...until now. :oops: Oh well...it's still fun!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Cant seem to get Daphne to work
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:46 am 
Registered  User

Daphne downloaded the files it needed and during that time I had already had downloaded a dvd copy of dragons lair, and space ace. Burned it to a dvd but i keep getting that error "A compatible Disc cannot be found" so I downloaded another version of dragons lair and burned it to a disc with the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of playing dragons lair?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Cant seem to get Daphne to work
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

queequeeg wrote:
Daphne downloaded the files it needed and during that time I had already had downloaded a dvd copy of dragons lair, and space ace. Burned it to a dvd but i keep getting that error "A compatible Disc cannot be found" so I downloaded another version of dragons lair and burned it to a disc with the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of playing dragons lair?

You need to buy the DVD of Dragons Lair, Space Ace, etc. The reason for the DVD check is to ensure that you have bought the right to play these games which are still being sold commercially. Discussing illegally downloaded commercial software/DVD's is not welcome here.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm 
Registered  User

This could be the answer. Try an actual Dragon's Lair disc instead of a pirate.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:22 pm 
Registered  User

I can't get it to recognize my Space Ace DVD. It is a legitimately purchased DVD-Video in the PAL format. I tried the link to the DVD-Scan thing and I emailed him a few weeks ago with the results, but I've never gotten a response. Then I noticed the post regarding that link was like 3 years old, what can I do now to get some help?

I'd love it if someone could help me. Space Ace was my favourite of the Bluth laserdisc games, and I find it strange that it won't recognize my DVD since it recognized my Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 discs and they are both PAL format as well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

ChiePet wrote:
I can't get it to recognize my Space Ace DVD. It is a legitimately purchased DVD-Video in the PAL format. I tried the link to the DVD-Scan thing and I emailed him a few weeks ago with the results, but I've never gotten a response. Then I noticed the post regarding that link was like 3 years old, what can I do now to get some help?

I'd love it if someone could help me. Space Ace was my favourite of the Bluth laserdisc games, and I find it strange that it won't recognize my DVD since it recognized my Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 discs and they are both PAL format as well.

Maybe try getting a different Space Ace DVD from ebay? you can probably get one for a few dollars.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm 
Registered  User

Hello, I know this is my first post but I was just wondering if you can help me.

I've just bought copies of Dragon's lair, Space ace and Dragon's Lair 2 in order to validate the Daphne files. Dragon's Lair and Space ace were recognised and validated without a hitch but my copy of Dragon's Lair 2 just isn't recognised.

I've used the scan disc utility posted above and can provide the generated file if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

ruckage wrote:
Hello, I know this is my first post but I was just wondering if you can help me.

I've just bought copies of Dragon's lair, Space ace and Dragon's Lair 2 in order to validate the Daphne files. Dragon's Lair and Space ace were recognised and validated without a hitch but my copy of Dragon's Lair 2 just isn't recognised.

I've used the scan disc utility posted above and can provide the generated file if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

send me an email by going to http://emailme.ownby.org and we can talk about this more

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 am 
Registered  User

Hi,

I am having the same issue with 'compatibility disc not found' for Space Ace DVD Video on windows XP 32bit.
I have sent an e-mail...

Many thanks,
Rick

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:06 am 
Registered  User

BUMP!!

Please help. When I got my DVD a number of years ago, I made a copy of it on a blank DVD as backup.

Well, sure enough, my original DVD got scratched, and no longer works. Fortunately I already "verified" Dragon's Lair, so it was no big deal.

However, I just got a new computer, and Daphne will not work on there. When I try to "verify" Daphne with the DVD copy I made, it comes back with "This disc is not supported or else has errors".

I cannot get this to work, even though the backup DVD will work just fine in my DVD player!

Is there any way around this?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:37 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

If you have a working Daphne setup on the old computer, you can copy the whole daphne folder over to your new machine and it will work without needing to re-verify anything.
You should make a backup of the whole daphne folder for the future.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 pm 
Registered  User

I have PC CD-Roms, these are not recognized either and Daphne makes no reference to them in the Verification list it is only lists DVD's for my PC, what is it with the PC-CD Roms, why do they not work, they are a legitimate source file and are paid for and not copies?

I just bought the game on Steam, no CD's needed but this still does not address my Video Arcade machine.
I need a image/iso version that will run on my MAME arcade emulator.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

No help will be given. You have to buy the DVD versions that are supported by Daphne. Anything else won't work, and there is no plans to change this

Offline Profile