It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Other Laser Disc Type Games not supported by DAPHNE?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:43 pm 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi All,

This is Tony M. Victorino.

I was wondering why DAPHNE does not support Other Laser Disc Type Games, like the following:

Dragon's Lair 2, Space Ace (Leland version), Time Gal, Ninja Hayate, Time Traveler, and Etc...

DAPHNE seems to support other simular Laser Disc Type Games with the exception of Drangon's Lair 2, like the following:

Dragon's Lair, Space Ace (1983 Version), Cliff Hanger, Super Don Quiote,
and Etc...

Most Laser Type Games have been released on DVD, or have been released on some sort of CD-Rom Version to where the Video Capturing and Remastering of the Video is now in reach of Computer Users.

Most of the DVD and CD-Rom Laser Disc Type Games look Great, but the Controls and/or programming is less than great.

DAPHNE allows you to play the Game like you remember them to be like in the Arcades. I like playing my Laser Disc Type Games on DAPHNE than on any other way or system.

Will DAPHNE ever be able to support any of the Games listed above?
Do you need to create a New Laser Disc Game Emulator from scratch to be able to supports these Laser Disc Type Games and their Original Roms Images? If you do make a New Laser Disc Emulator, maybe you can call it, "KIMBERLY". Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge...

Will there be any other Laser Disc Type Games DVD2DAPHNE?
What about Dragon's Lair2 from 20th Anniversary DVD, Bega's Battle from Harmagedon DVD, Cliff Hanger from Castle of Coliasto and Mystery of Mamo (Excluding the Great work of Cliff2K3)?
Just something that a non Computer Wizard could use like the DVD2DAPHNE for Dragon's Lair and Space Ace from their 20th Anniversary DVD's.

Just wanting to know? Thanks.

Yours Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

End of line...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:42 am 
Registered  User

Looks like someone's already doing a re-making of Cliff Hanger using the footage from the DVD looking at another site where you can download the attract mode.

I've got Harmageddon coming in the post, maybe I could have a go at redoing the footage from that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Other Laser Disc Type Games not supported by DAPHNE?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:30 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Lord_Victorino wrote:
Most Laser Type Games have been released on DVD, or have been released on some sort of CD-Rom Version to where the Video Capturing and Remastering of the Video is now in reach of Computer Users.

I would have to disagree. It seems that the only laserdisc games readily available to purchase are the Rick Dyer games and the ALG games.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: OK, Some Laser Type Games have been released on DVD or CDRom
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:45 pm 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

N/T

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:50 pm 
Registered  User

Those ALG games, the programming is pretty awful, it doesn't skip to them falling over when you shoot them, you have to wait for the video, the spitoons don't have a different sound & sometimes the video hangs till you get shot. if only there was an accurate emulator which used the Mpeg1 files on the CD-ROM releases.

Offline Profile