It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mamo Project - Cliffhanger II
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:45 pm 
Registered  User

Greetz to everyone in this forum if I haven't met you before on DLP. My day job is producing / editing docs for network tv. I.E. I sit on my a$$ all day and edit, only getting outside for good behavior and for show development.

I am working on a new laser game, but it's more like a sequel to a great one.

Temporary Title: Mamo Project - Cliffhanger II

I have scene selects from Mystery of Mamo (excluding the helo scene), will embellish them with efx as necessary. I'm doing this in-between work with the final goal to offer something fun to play for the DLP or fellow laser game geeks out there. This IS NOT going to be nor will it ever be a commercial venture. I don't even want to approach licensing on this... it's pure proprietary homebrew entertainment. Perhaps when this project is completed and the overall process is honed, pending extra time, I may try to pull in some of my animator and producer friends for an original production.

Back to MAMO....I brought my intentions up about this project in DLP recently and then many of you suggested I check out Singe to assist me with the background coding for the project. I've seen some interesting posts but so far nothing that has helped me to understand how I can implement Singe to move my project further along. Do I need to go the chat room to find out more on Singe?

Scripting was mentioned... not a problem if its basic scripting for non-programmers like me. I'm up for doing what it takes to get the cut footage integrated properly within some sort of code. The CLick Team's Multimedia Fusion and Games Facotry seem like it might be simple enough for a non-programmer to hammer out.

Overall, I don't think the concept I want to do will be that intensive. It's pure gameplay identical to Cliffhanger w/ hands/feet/stick. No ALG interactivity this time.

To recap, I've cut together some video stringouts, have the story, will work more on death scenes (as needed).... I guess its just marrying the two. I'm going into this possibly at a disadvantage as I now a 100% Mac based at home and in my studio. I have access to a PC running XP but would assume that any sort of scripting under SINGE would require a PC??!!

Thanks for listening/reading.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Mamo Project - Cliffhanger II
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:40 pm 
Registered  User

Hi Damon, do you know the 2 japanese anime LDs Lupin 3 - Castle of Cagliostro and Lupin 3 - Mystery of Mamo? Footage from one of them (I think it's Castle of Cagliostro) was used for the original Cliffy. Anyway, the other title is better in my opinion, it should be a great source to get footage for a sequel from, and has an english soundtrack too.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: any news
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm 
Registered  User

Is the game finished---I would like a chance to play this

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Mamo Project - Cliffhanger II
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:19 pm 
Registered  User

If you do this can i please be a tester this sounds awesome.

Offline Profile