It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: rom building engine?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:13 am 
Registered  User

Modifying roms can be done with hex dissamblers to hack and enhance roms. then re assebled with an assembler. Pretty much I would say the dragons lair one has been decoded quite fairly. Here is the link to how to hack the dl rom. http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tec ... ing_dl.asp

So if we wanna make a new game couldnt we just hack the dl rom and replace the video streams and things? I think until theres an engine created by someone very talented this might work.

I also think someone could base an engine on the ability of every customazation hack available to the dl rom and making an interface for it to easily place in movie streams and link data etc... all while being able to bend the rom a bit. I think this could make a sudo engine. We need something that works like frontpage does to html webpages lol.

I am ranting a bvit here but whats the thoughts on this. I mean even if theres a say copyright issue theres several enhanced roms being offered out there annyway and if the dl content is removed completely from the rom couldnt we use it then. It would be comparable to a custom website used a template to make your own.

Anyway there needs to be a homebrew community here cause this sweet technology of the past is fun and alot of people love it. I know I love playing animated games and full motion video integrated into games is way cool. So what if its up up left up right button button. I like it.

That being said does daphne have any gun abilities and has anyone been able to port one over to daphne?

thnx mates

p.s.
Does anyone know an old devoloper of such products? Did they use engines back then? Or did every game created come from scratch? If there is someone out there who programmed roms they could be priceless to this such cause.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:39 am 
Registered  User

Wait sorry I was thinking if daphne was devoloped to use the roms then dont the creators of daphne know the format of building roms and could hold the knowledge to create an engine or template sort of speak to make games for daphne. I am so excited for this homebrew thing. I do know the purpose is to preserve and play the ld games. I am just brainstorming

thnx

Offline Profile