It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Dance Game
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:14 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

It would be easy to implement a DDR like game with MPEG Footage, a dance pad, and some overlay.

Here's how:

1) The MPEG video is the background graphics, and music to dance to.

2) The arrows or steps are shown using overlay, running with a master clock to keep the LD and steps in sync.

3) The processor reads the inputs, and if enough steps are wrong, or off time, it gives you a "game over" by spinning to that frame. Stats and progress meters could also be done with overlay.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:14 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Hehe, neat idea!

Actually, games like Super Don with the on-screen arrows would probably be good silly fun with a dance pad (and a handheld 'sword' button.) All those left and right 'hops' would be perfect! :)

-Warren.

^ Tony M. Victorino with his uber-cool Space Ace controller...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:15 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

haha that's actually not a bad idea!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:31 am 
Registered  User

The Laserdisc DDR game isn't a bad idea, but you know what would be even better?

How about an American Idol LD game?

The gameplay would be similar to Karaoke Revolution on the PS2. You pick a song, then sing along to the on-screen cues. Just like in KR, the reaction of the crowds and the judges would change depending on your performance.

At the end of the song, you get an evaluation of your performance. If you do well, Randy and/or Paula will compliment you, and you go on to the next round. If not, you get dissed by Simon, and it's Game Over.

Let me know what you guys think. Bluntman loves getting feedback!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Laser Game Interactive System Update...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:07 am 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi All,

This is Tony M. Victorino.

Last year at CAX, I was able to show off my Laser Game Interactive System. I used a PC with DAPHNE and hooked it up to a DDR Pad,
Opto. Sensors, and (with some Laser Disc Game) Special Controllers.
The Arrow Pad took the place of the Joystick, The X was Player 1 Start and O was Player 2 Start for Dragon's Lair Enhanced (Prototype Mode Only). The Opto. Sensors were used for Hand/Sword Actions. I also created a Joystick/Action with ENERGIZE Wrist Button Controller for use with Space Ace.

Still having no luck trying to use a Wirless Hand-Held Sword Controller for use with my Laser Game Interactive System. :(

The only Games so far that work like I want them to on my Laser Game Interactive System are:

Dragon's Lair Enhanced (Prototype Mode Only)
Space Ace '83
Space Ace Enhanced

But I was able to test out Two New Laser Disc Games
with my Laser Game Interactive System and they Work Great!!! They are Badlands and Cliff Hanger...

Badlands was easy. Just a hand-held controller with a Trigger. ;)

Cliff Hanger is the Best Laser Disc Game, that works with my Laser Game Interactive System, so far.
But boy, it is tough to play. The Game has a lot of quick moves, one after another. But I was able to finish the Game using my Laser Game Interactive System.
Talk about a workout. ;)

Basically, the DDR Arrows are used as the Joystick. The X is Player 1 Start / Foot Action and O is Player 2 Start / Foot Action. The Opto. Sensors are used for Hand Actions. No other controllers are needed to play this Game on my Laser Game Interactive System.

The Idea here is to made Laser Disc Games using DAPHNE to be more Interactive. Where your not using just a Joystick and Buttons, but your own body, like your hands and feet, and even weapon Controller (Like a Sword or Gun). It makes these Laser Disc Game more Challenging and Fun. And you get a bit of a workout to boot. ;)

Yours Truly,

Tony M. Victorino

End of line...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 am 
Registered  User

How do you dance in a night club? Like pre-grinding. Some girls want to dance with you face-to-face before they turn around and do the grinding dance thing. What type of dance would a guy do in that situation? If anyone could link a dancing video it would be nice,

Offline Profile