It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: ROMS
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:00 pm 
Registered  User

Im probably gonna catch alot of shit for asking, but its driving me nuts! Where on earth does one FIND ROMS for Daphne?

I have looked everywhere.

I understand if no one wants to "publicly" help, but if you could PM me with some links I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Nite

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:07 pm 
Registered  User

i am sure everyone is very proud of you for looking 'everywhere' unfortunately you didnt look in the most basic spot, the FAQ, which is where this question is answered

next time a problem is driving you nuts sit down take a deep breath and use your head

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Obtaining ROMs and Video
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:22 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Nite,

You can get the ROMs from www.dragons-lair-project.com.

However, you also need the VIDEO FOOTAGE. Daphne does not tolerate downloading this from the internet at all. You have three options:

1) Buy a Game Laserdisc, and a Daphne supported Laserdisc Player that is compatible with your disc and TV type (NTSC/PAL), as this will output to TV. See Documentation for a list of supported players, and the proper cabling. You can try Ebay and used game dealers for this. This works with Dragons Lair, Space Ace, and Thayers Quest only, as other games need overlayy

2) Buy a Game Laserdisc, any LD Player that is compatible with your disc (NTSC or PAL), a video capture card, and capture your own MPEG1/MPEG2 and Ogg Vorbis dumps, and make a framefile. This is the only way to play games that need overlay such Esh's Eurnmilla, Super Don Quixote, Astron Belt, Galaxy Ranger, Cobra Command, Bega's Battle, Cliff Hanger, and others.

3) Buy the DVD-ROM or Twenith Anniversary Edition DVD-Video versions of Dragons Lair or Space Ace, and download the DVD2Daph program, and convert the DVD to a daphne-usable format. This is an easy way to go, since no capture or special hardware is required, but the quality will be lesser than a capture. Also, these are the only two games that have usable DVDs right now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Roms for Dragon's Lair/Space Ace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:12 pm 
Registered  User

I went to the FAQs and went to the Dragon's Lair Project websites but found no ROMS there.

I don't know what that poster P4 was talking about!

Dojo2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]