It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 12:05 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Increase software sales and reduce the amount of stupid questions on the functionality of your wonderful DAPHNE emulator.

Matt (M@)

Just a thought!

Would there be any chance of you posting a fully functioning ‘portion’ of the original dragon’s lair software. For example the intro and say first interactive scene (featuring two or three user moves!) This may help users of your software determine weather their computer systems / DVD / software combinations are capable of running your emulator and confirm computability with the various forms of software that are out here. You could put the necessary support files on your site (nothing illegal with that, I don’t think). The digital MPEG file may be a problem, but no more of a problem for you than the other Dragon’s Lair fan based website that are on the internet (these all feature images, samples and video streams of one style or another.)

or

As another option would it be possible for you contact Digital Leisure and ask them to consider posting the relevant short demo MPEG file (reduced resolution/quality if required) and any necessary support files on their technical support / download pages.

This would/should/may increase their software sales and reduce begging e-mail (like this one) clogging your e-mailbox.

Just a thought,

Regards,

GaRy:eek:)

www.erikthecat.btinternet.co.uk/arcade/

Last edited by erikthecat on Sat Sep 22, 2001 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:30 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Not sure if this is a good idea.

Even a short clip would be VERY large. Figure the entire DL disk is a minimum of 500 MB. The demo, intro and one scene would be about 1/10 of that -- 50 MB. I'm sure that Matt doesn't have the bandwidth to spare for what would probably only increase questions, not stop them.

In addition, at least where DL is concerned, I don't think it would work. The first scene may be one of 3 different scenes on the disk (it is chosen semi-randomly), and none of these scenes are stored at the front of the disk. The way the framefile works, the video clip would have to include all three scenes, and every scene leading up to them -- now you're talking about over half the disk.

As for Digital Leisure's involvement, I don't think it's time to bring them in to this yet, since Daphne is not yet compatible with the files that Digital Leisure provides.

So people will just have to read the instructions like they have always had to do.

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:32 pm 
Registered  User

thanks...nice post
sales tracking software

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:11 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

frankiben123 wrote:
thanks...nice post
sales tracking software

I guess you didn't notice this thread is about 8 years old...

Offline Profile