It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ROMs seem.. inaccurate?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:23 am 
Registered  User

I got daphne working with the dvd-rom version of DL from Digital Leisure, and experienced the problem with the f2 revision roms where the ends of scenes are cut off.

So I tried the "enhanced" 1.1 roms and yes, the ends of the scenes were back, but the roms not only forced me to play the bridge sequence not once but TWICE. Dragons Lair should definitely not be giving you second tries on levels, that's just wrong.

As I read up on the enhanced roms a bit more I found that he also changed moves here and there, bah I want the authentic experience that's why I got daphne in the first place. Is there a rom set where the moves aren't changed but the scenes play to their full length? I am next to positive that I remember the ends of scenes showing up when I played the game in the arcade (like the fireball hitting the door after you ride the metal horse), but when I use the F2 roms, it doesn't happen (I tried the B roms and I suppose I could try the rest, but the B roms had the same problem I think).

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and is there anything to do to speed up the loading of the game? Why does it take 30-40 seconds? I would assume its the ROMs initializing, but maybe that part could be sped up somehow?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:47 am 
Registered  User

In case I wasnt clear, I'm looking for some way to have the game not cut off the ends of scenes, but keep the timing and moves and scene orders authentic.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:08 pm 
Registered  User

I had the same problem with the f2 roms. I think it is a problem with these specific roms. Try adjusting the LD Latency in advanced configuration section, that should sort it out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:57 am 
Registered  User

After adjusting this latency, I now get a bit of the next scene at the end of scenes, like after doing the flames ropes, I see a moment of the yellow room.

Is this normal/fixable? I'm trying different latency numbers but I seem to end up with one problem or the other.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:49 am 
Registered  User

[quote="Avatar"]After adjusting this latency, I now get a bit of the next scene at the end of scenes, like after doing the flames ropes, I see a moment of the yellow room.

Is this normal/fixable? I'm trying different latency numbers but I seem to end up with one problem or the other.[/quote]

You just have to play around with it to get the right figure. I think mine was 155. It is not a perfect solution but does help.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:02 pm 
Registered  User

Another question:

Isn't the falling platform scenes supposed to stop at 3 sets of 3 different platforms?

When I play it I see three platforms and then I hit the bottom.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:29 am 
Registered  User

Well, yes I tried Daphne&DL yesterday for the first time.....
I've noticed the long "black screens" between levels (and some death scenes) and the MISSING of the screens with the score and static backgrounds (I'm quite sure they should just be the missing screens now appearing black)
Where's the problem? Where are they???

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:50 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Are you using the DVD?

I've seen similar blank screens, but always put those down to latency issues - the score and lives screens are only in the Euro versions of Dragon's Lair (I think the LD seeked one frame of the attract mode without any writing and superimposed the rest)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:01 pm 
Registered  User

Not the DVD but yes, probably you're right!!!!!!
I surely played EURO version years ago!!!!!
:lol:
BTW I've finished it (version 2.0 roms) on Daphne and noticed in the last stage (Singe) a couple of black screens instead of Dirk death sequences.....strange!

Offline Profile