It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DL 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:30 am 
Registered  User

I have to rips of DL on my mame cab, one from my originall player and disk and one made with DVD2Daph after I purchased the box set last summer.(love that old footage!) I played 2.0 for several weeks last summer after vera got DVD2Daph working and then quit for 3 months. I got an urge to play again and noticed something interesting. When using the rip from the box set, the insert coin screen normal displayed after the intro does not display, only a blank screen for a few seconds. This happens using the F2 roms as well as the 2.0 roms. It will go the the detailed insert coin screen after the blank screen, but it never shows the simple one (insert 2 coins for one credit) I do see it when the game starts and it rolls through the coin screens. Could I have dropped a frame or 2 during the conversion that would cause this? (making the entire capture too short.) Other than that it plays perfectly.

Thanks
Safetwain

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:32 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

read about the seek issue:

https://www.daphne-emu.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1244

scroll way down to the last few posts.

Also as a note, there's technically no such thing as "DL 2.0" ;) You are referring to DLE 2.0, not to be confused with DL F2 or DL2.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:31 am 
Registered  User

Ahh, so the seek is off just enough that it misses the coin screen. I had read that post but i didn't put it togather. The funny thing is i don't see the clap boards. Would I be correct in assuming you could correct it through the frame file? It most likley would not be cost effective given that the only thing you don't see is insert coin. and by the time I figured out how to fix it in the frame file the next version of DVD2daph would be out!
And sorry about that DLE2.0.
lets see......first rule of communications.....DID THE OTHER GUY KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT!!!!! :D

seriously, thanks for your help.
Did anything ever come of cliff2K?

Safetwain

Offline Profile