It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragon's Lair Sequencing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:31 pm 
Registered  User

Is there a list somewhere for the scenes in order? meaning if you don't die, what is the correct order for the scenes?

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:35 pm 
Registered  User

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/docs/sequence.asp

Checkmate

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:46 pm 
Registered  User

Thanks Checkmate. :)

I converted the mv2 stream to divx, and the ogg file to an mp3 stream - then muxxed them into a divx4 file. Just want to join the parts correctly so it can be a movie walkthrough of the game. Already it looks the same, but is 1/6th the size.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:07 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone ever thought of making a sequential rom revision of dragon's lair? I like dragon's lair 2 far better than 1 because of the sqeuential order of things (like cliff hanger). It may be a bit boring to some, but for me it seems more like a game and less like a slapped together sequence of animations.

Btw the same thing could apply to other games like sdq, although as it's scenes are logically split into "levels" of sorts it isn't so bad.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:35 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

HowardC wrote:
Has anyone ever thought of making a sequential rom revision of dragon's lair? I like dragon's lair 2 far better than 1 because of the sqeuential order of things (like cliff hanger). It may be a bit boring to some, but for me it seems more like a game and less like a slapped together sequence of animations.

Btw the same thing could apply to other games like sdq, although as it's scenes are logically split into "levels" of sorts it isn't so bad.

The DLE 2.0 roms add a little less randomness, and a little more logic to the sequence. Scenes that were obviously animated to go together are kept together (example: the rolling balls is followed by the underground river). And the scenes are grouped together in a logical way. There is a castle section of short scenes, then another more difficult castle section (reversable scenes), then the platform takes you down into the "underground caverns" section ("In the caverns beneath the castle, your odyssey continues..."). It all makes a lot more sense than the way the game was originally put together.

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tec ... quence.asp

The Readysoft releases of the game always ran the scenes in a specific order. If you died during one of the scenes, you had to play that scene over again right away. It's exactly like what you are talking about. I never really liked it. With a couple of exceptions, the animation doesn't really imply a specific order. I kind of like there being a certain amount of variety in terms of what scene comes up next. But I REALLY like the way the DLE 2.0 roms are setup. Clearly it is the way the game was originally intended.

-Jeff "etumor"

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:23 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

It's better.... I'll agree with that. I think the last section of rooms are really out of whack though. I'm not so sure that it's the roms fault though, more of a lack of proper transition animations between those rooms.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:16 am 
Registered  User

Greetings Everyone. Long time reader first time poster.

I was finally able to get the original DL1 & DL2 Laserdiscs! Everything works great. I've been trying the different version and found that really like v2.0, but if I die I WANT to re-do that scene.

Is there a such version that combines v2.0 and replaying scenes until you complete them?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:31 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

as far as I know, there are no arcade versions that will repeat the scenes.

Offline Profile