It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DL2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:15 am 
Registered  User

Since the new loader has new games I guess it is OK to talk about DL2. I have the m2v / ogg files converted from my DVD-rom and I have been tinkering with it for months on the CVS ver of Daphne and kept my trap shut since I knew it was not supported yet.
I was wondering if anyone has it running and if so how does it run? I seem to be having some kind of trouble with the timing and sequencing matching as I play the game. If you dont initiate the moves (joystyick) then it will immediately skip a scene and then immediately to a death scene...very strange I know but just wondering.

Mach3 runs great too, after messing with the ogg/vorbis decoding I got the sound working great, just like old times.

excellent job to the Team!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: DL2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:49 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

scenarioL113 wrote:
Since the new loader has new games I guess it is OK to talk about DL2. I have the m2v / ogg files converted from my DVD-rom and I have been tinkering with it for months on the CVS ver of Daphne

Hello ScenarioL113,

What program did you use to convert DL2. Was it DVD2DAPHE, I do not think my version of DVD2Daphe will convert my DL2 20th Anniversary disc, is there another program that you used or do you have a different DVD that is not the 20th anniversary edition?

Thanks for any help.

Jerry

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:29 pm 
Registered  User

I did it about a year ago. I did not use DVD2DAPH, I actually copied the disk to my HD and then decoded it into an m2v and ogg file. Like I said I kind of gave up on it after I could not get it to play right. I may have used TMPGEnc or Virtual dub or a combination of both. It got very confusing because I had dozens and dozens of failures and tried countless programs to convert the file. The end result was and is an m2v file and an ogg file that do work but not that good.
Realistically it probably is not done correctly or otherwise it would work...I think!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:30 pm 
Registered  User

I did it about a year ago. I did not use DVD2DAPH, I actually copied the disk to my HD and then decoded it into an m2v and ogg file. Like I said I kind of gave up on it after I could not get it to play right. I may have used TMPGEnc or Virtual dub or a combination of both. It got very confusing because I had dozens and dozens of failures and tried countless programs to convert the file. The end result was and is an m2v file and an ogg file that do work but not that good.
Realistically it probably is not done correctly or otherwise it would work...I think!

Offline Profile