It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DVD2DAPH and Dragon's Lair II
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:41 pm 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

Now that Daphne supports Dragon's Lair II, does anyone know if DVD2Daph is going to support it also. I think the latest version of DVD2DAPH is 3.0RC1, which came out around 08/03, but when I search the internet I cant find a webpage or anything that the author of the program has up. I have the 20th anniversary disc and would love to convert DLII so I can play it using daphne.

Is there any other way to convert DLII from the 20th anniversary disc set. and if so, is there a tutorial or something to help conver it?

Thank you for any info,

Jerry

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:39 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.bionicmonkey.com/dvd2daph/

It is supposed to convert DLII but when I tried it thought my DVD was Space Ace.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:51 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

Pinsane wrote:
http://www.bionicmonkey.com/dvd2daph/

It is supposed to convert DLII but when I tried it thought my DVD was Space Ace.

Same here, I tried it the other day just to see what would happen.

Jerry

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Message to Vera or Matt...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:19 pm 
Registered  User

I'm posting this to ask if there is a version of DVD2Daph with support for Dragon's Lair 2. I've tried to convert it myself using other tools but when I try to play the game, I hear the start-up sounds but no picture. I've tried altering the framefile but to no avail. I would rather use a utitility designed by Vera where it does the conversion automatically. Any help on this matter or any info on any new release for DVD2Daph would greatly be appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:21 pm 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

I'm not sure about DVD2Daph, but I have used the utility Convvid2daph and that works fine for DL2. It's posted on Vera's link.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:16 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Pinsane wrote:

no, it's not. Vera clearly states that DL2 support will not be available until it is officially supported in daphne.

I know from personal experience that convvid2daph creates a set of mpegs that are mis-timed and at one point makes the game unfinishable. Use at your own risk. I personally would suggest waiting until DL2 is officially supported and Vera releases a new dvd2daph conversion tool that supports DL2.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:05 pm 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

Sorry about the misinformation. I haven't made it past level 6 in a long long time :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: framefile problems
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:25 am 
Registered  User

One suggestion I can make. I took a program to delete all of the unecessary stills out of the special edition(the slates with work insert frame info) and then edited each frame file specification number to match the slate. It worked with a little effort. If you have problems with Dragons lair II open up the frame file for the corresponding frame where it starts getting out of time and edit it for example:
31711 dlproto1.vob.m2v
34834 dlproto2.vob.m2v
36824 dlproto3.vob.m2v

lets say when you get to the prototype snake scene and it starts out at a point where the snake is already coming out and you cant do somethin (which is what happend to me when I deleted the 7 frames of useless stills) I had to change the 31711 from 31719. It took some tweeking but I got a nearly perfect playable reproduction using the prototype footage. DLII has to be the same.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:18 pm 
Registered  User

Is DL2 regarded as offical yet?

I see it's in the latest build so am wondering if DVD2DAPH is still going to be released.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:22 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

chip wrote:
Pinsane wrote:

I know from personal experience that convvid2daph creates a set of mpegs that are mis-timed and at one point makes the game unfinishable. Use at your own risk. I personally would suggest waiting until DL2 is officially supported and Vera releases a new dvd2daph conversion tool that supports DL2.

Without getting too technical ;)
Can you go into a little more detail on at 'what point' we would
notice the screw up?
I'm up to the point of hanging onto the flying bat on the mummy stage, and cant get the LEFT/RIGHT move to work when his wing flashes.
Maybe just a timing issue (user issue) or is this the part you referr to?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:30 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I get to that point too and if I just hit the left/right button once, it won't work. I have to hit it a bunch of times to get it to acknowledge the move.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:13 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Envisaged0ne wrote:
I get to that point too and if I just hit the left/right button once, it won't work. I have to hit it a bunch of times to get it to acknowledge the move.

Are you saying... just wail on the stick, fast and furious?
The game's difficulty at that point is so touchy, It almost seems
like I'll die trying... but I will!

Offline Profile