It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Video Game Collector Magazine
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:02 am 
Registered  User

Did a search and did not find anything on this so if its a repeat I'm sorry. I just pick up a copy of "Video Game Collector" from my local game shop. It's a pretty good magazine focusing on collecting console games. Well the reason I'm posting this here is that the latest issue (Spring - published quarterly) has several pages dedicated to Dragon's Lair. Their is an interview with the creators of Dragon's Lair (Don Bluth, Rick Dyer, and Gary Goldman). Pretty typical question and answer piece but still a good read. Then theres an interview with David Foster, President and Founder of Digital Leasure. Good interview about his background. Talks about how they have been trying to get the rights to Cliffhanger and Super Don Quixote. Finally there is a two page spread detailing a "Lost Scene" from Dragon's Lair 2. It's presented in an animation storyboard format with the death resolves also animated. Really cool to look at. Anyway just wanted to post this incase some of you guys were unaware about it. Additionally, you get a baseball card sized reproduction of an animated cell of Dirk's death scene (Where hes a skeleton with the floating skeletons behind him). Its presented in a really nice hard plastic sleeve. Here's a link to the magazines webpage if you are interested.

http://www.vgcollector.com/index.htm

Offline Profile