It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello, I've been a Dragon's Lair fan for a long time, but...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:57 am 
Registered  User

I have a few questions.

1. I bought the standard DVD-Video version of Dragon's Lair. Is there a difference between that and the one in the 20th Anniversary set?

2. Is there a difference between the single Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace DVDs and the ones in the aformentioned Box Set?

3. Is it normal for the DVD to show the coming-back-to-life animation every time I beat a scene? My DVD player is not listed as incompatible (it is a Magnavox), and everything else works fine.

4. If the answer to question 1 is yes, and question 3 is normal, does it happen in the 20th Anniversary one?

Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:44 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

1. Yes, there is a difference. The 20th anniversary version is more arcade accurate. It also has some playable deleted scenes that never made it to the final arcade version. The graphics are supposed to be better, but to be honest, I never noticed a huge difference in quality.

2. There really is no major difference in DL2 and Space Ace, except, again, supposed to have better updated graphics. Space Ace is also more Arcade accurate.

3. The original DL DVD always shows Dirk coming back to life at the beginning of each scene. However, in the 20th anniversary, being more arcade accurate, this doesn't happen. And when Dirk dies, it will not make you repeat the scene over and over until you pass it. It will go to another random scene (again, this was more like the arcade) and eventually go back to the scene(s) you died at.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:11 pm 
Registered  User

Ok, thank you. I'll have to pick up the box set then.

Offline Profile