It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Broken Dishes?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:27 pm 
Registered  User

I am experiencing a strange problem when I get to the actual Dragon's Lair. At the beginning of the scene, there is a stack of "dishes" that blinks when it wobbles. I have tried U D L R and Sword at lots of different timings, but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong? is there a problem with my ROM? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanx.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:17 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

If you've gotten that far, I doubt there is something wrong with your ROM, but posting some of your log file here could help (say first 50, last 50 lines). If I get where you are correctly, the correct move is towards the stack (L) - have you tried to move early? Are you hearing good move and bad move beeps?

If you didn't already know this, you can go to the Dragon's Lair room directly using engineering/playtest mode, to test out different moves without having to replay the whole game.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:06 pm 
Registered  User

Thanx for the advice. The next move did turn out to be L. But it is not made until the sleeping dragon is shown again. It is like the move to save the dishes is just skipped.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

If everything was perfect, you should have to move L twice to save both stacks. Doing nothing when the 1st stack flashes should kill you. If you're still curious, post your log, or at least mention which version of daphne, which version of ROMS (F2, DLE21?), and which version of dvd2daph you are using.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:10 pm 
Registered  User

I think I have figured it out. I am playing with the easy setting, which as far as I can tell, leaves out some moves. This is actually making the final scene really difficult for me to figure out b/c things flash and the correct move is actually to do nothing (like the first stack of dishes). I am so close (Dirk blocks the dragon's flames w/ sword) but I can't seem to get the timing on the last couple of moves. Thanx for all of your help.

Offline Profile