It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I need Daphne step-by-step
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:17 am 
Registered  User

This e-mail is for Chip, eTumor and the other DAPHNE developers:
This is Jodi.
I don't mean to sound redundant, but I am ready to want to try to download DAPHNE into my Mac.
But I need help in a "step-by step" method.

Please keep in mind, I have a Macintosh running OSX Tiger with about 55GB free hard disc space, 1.024 GB internal memory, and nVIDIA GeForce 4 GPU. My processor is the PowerPC G4 (3.3) running at 1 GHz.

First, it is my understanding that the DVDs of DL, SA, and DLII that I need shall come in the form of the 20th Anniversary DVD pack from Digital Leisure. Furthermore, those discs are from which I will rip the MPEG-2 codes from. The above mentioned discs are DVD-ROMs, and the DVD-ROMs contain all of the necessary footage that DAPHNE requires to run the games. One thing more...I have to order the 20th Ann. set from Digital Leisure -- I DO NOT have the 20th. Ann. set at this time!!!

Next, it is my understanding that I will need to have a PC buddy to do a conversion of the dvd2daph file, then copy the converted file to the Mac.
Right now, I only know of one person with a PC...she is one of my nieces...she probably dosen't even know what the heck DAPHNE is....will it be easy for her to do this.....can you PLEASE tell me STEP-BY-STEP what she needs to do to accomplish this....if she does, how can she transmit the converted files to me (via e-mail with an attachment of the converted file?)

Once I receive the converted file (ready to be downloaded into the Mac), what do I do next? Do I first download the Mac OSX version of DAPHNE, then download the converted dvd2daph file, or the other way around?

And how exactly do I rip the MPEG-2 codes off of my 20th Ann. DVD-ROMs? And what would the next steps be to complete the DAPHNE emulation process?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.....

Jodi

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:31 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I'm working on making this easier for you ...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:34 pm 
Registered  User

Matt Ownby wrote:

Thank you.....

Jodi

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:57 pm 
Registered  User

jodi wrote:
Matt Ownby wrote:

Thank you.....

Jodi

Hey Matt,
This is Jodi. I'm sure you're still working on making Daphne easier for me to acquire, so I just wanted to write in to see how you're doing.
In the meantime, I just wanted to mention a couple of things.
First, the only DL, SA, and DLII discs that I do own now are the Digital Leisure versions that all say "XBOX compatible" (aka the "DVD Video Game" logos). I will continue to await your response on whether I will need the DVD-ROM versions of all the games or the 20th Anniversary DVD Box Set.
Second, I got to watch some cool video footage on youtube.com (a few days ago) showing a man playing DL on his customised arcade cabinet in his home. He has a pretty big dual joystick rigged on his cabinet with tons of buttons on it! And I heard the familiar "beep" sounds when you make a correct move -- it also showed him dropping coins in the "coin slot" and the machine made that other distinctive sound (when credit is accepted) just like in the arcades.
Again, I'm looking forward to acquiring the Daphne technology. Please continue the good work I'm sure you're doing, and please let me know your current progress.

Thank you,
Jodi

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Get the OSX Universal Binary
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:19 am 
Registered  User

Hopefully you will find it easier to use than the last build. You can get it from the link in the "news" section on the Daphne site.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Get the OSX Universal Binary
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:02 am 
Registered  User

zaph wrote:
Hopefully you will find it easier to use than the last build. You can get it from the link in the "news" section on the Daphne site.

OK Zaph.....I went ahead and downloaded the DAPHNE universal binary (BETA) for Mac (I have OSX 10.4) and loaded it into my "Applications" folder. Then, I went ahead and downloaded dvd2daph, but I have not loaded it into my Mac at this time. The dvd2daph "folder" (colored blue and white) is just below the Macintosh HD (hard drive) logo.

What should I do next?

Keep in mind that currently, I have the "DVD Video Game" versions of DL, SA, and DLII from Digital Leisure, and they all have "XBOX Compatible" on them. I do not own the Digital Leisure DVD-ROMs of the above games, NOR do I have the 20th anniversary DVD set of the above games from Digital Leisure.

Zaph, I hope to hear from you. Or Chip, Matt, or eTumor, I have gotten this far as I have just described. I just learned about the Mac Daphne Universal Binary (Beta) and downloaded it into my Mac.......

...........now just waiting for further instructions............

Jodi

Offline Profile