It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DVD2DAPH Conversion Problems (solved)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:23 pm 
Registered  User

I was having problems with my dvd2daph conversions not working when I copied them over from my windows partition to my linux partition.

The problem was the filenames had both upper and lowercase letters, but the framefile was all lower case. I think windows will ignore this, but linux certainly won't. Problem soved by matching them. For the small files conversions, I changed the framefile. For the lengthy, I used a shareware program to convert all the filenames to lowercase.

All three (DL, DL2, SA) all seem to work great now!

Note, this is why the sa-slates works and nothing else gets parsed.... To those who don't know and might read this, parsing is when the program looks at your framefile, and determines if everything lines up with the video. It then builds a .dat file for the file to use as a reference. In linux, it is easy to see it if you open from a console first, and you can see if a file does not line up. You should have a .dat file for all video files.

As for the 4.0 beta of DVD2DAPH, I didn't have a problem converting DL2in Windows98SE like I did for DL... but on further investigation, four files were not convereted for some reason... however, when I did the same conversion in XP, those files did get translated... just a note in case someone has a problem like I did.

Offline Profile