It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SA & DL Attract mode in HD (sort of)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Hi all,

My dedicated Space Ace still runs a old version of Daphne (I have the DVD-Rom files) and I've just converted the HD attract mode (the .wmv files) to m2v's and it looks amazing :D

If anyone still has a version of Daphne they can do this with, I seriously recommend it.

If this violates the rules please delete it :)

Last edited by Borf on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:29 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

It shouldn't be breaking any rules as long as you obtained the files legally. However, Daphne will not support anything created or modified from you. They only support the versions that you can download via there torrent sites, and, of course, you have the legal purchased Dig Leisure versions. I have bought the HD version of DL and converted all the files to m2v & ogg. Plays quite well and looks good. I've gotten to love the way Daphne lets us play the games like the arcade, that I really can't stand playing them from anywhere else. It probably took me less than an hour after playing HD DL to realize that I wanted to take the time and effort to convert them to work with Daphne. Only way I'll play them now :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Well yes I own every version of DL/SA out there and just waiting on the HD versions (.wmv) as I have the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD version (well the latter only DL)

Also I am not after support I know better than that 8) I just wanted to share

Also, the Daphne team rock :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Borf wrote:
Well yes I own every version of DL/SA out there and just waiting on the HD versions (.wmv) as I have the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD version (well the latter only DL)

and April 8th Space Ace comes to Blu...yay!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:24 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Layer wrote:
Borf wrote:

Then I wonder where this guy get's them :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Space-Ace_W0QQitemZ230234925166QQihZ013QQcategoryZ149481QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:20 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Borf wrote:
Layer wrote:
Borf wrote:

Then I wonder where this guy get's them :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Space-Ace_W0QQitemZ230234925166QQihZ013QQcategoryZ149481QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you go to the Digital Leisure website the Blu-Ray is on preorder status only (for the U.S. anyway). For some reason I've noticed that other countries seem to get some Blu-ray titles a little before they are released in the U.S.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:37 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Well I have now finished the FULL version and using it in my dedicated Dragon's Lair cabinet (Yes, Daphne running)

If you like I can post the frame file info ??

Out of all the files, 2 of the .wmv's had to be joined and one file not used as it's used elsewhere. I matched it to my DVD-Rom rip I've had from years ago. Once I download DL via Daphne I might re-do it.

If anyone wants more info I am happy to help, but not if it violates the forum rules (and I mean basic help, even I managed to work it out lol)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: .wmv to m2v
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:22 am 
Registered  User

Could someone please explain how to convert the .wmv files to m2v.I just bought both of the HD pc dvd's and I would like to do my own video files.
Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:14 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Use TMPGenc. It's actually pretty easy. Just time consuming. I think It took me almost 8 hours to convert my HD DL DVD-Rom to work with Daphne. You need to split the audio from the video. Convert the video files to .m2v and the audio files to .ogg. I used a different program to change the audio files. It's easy to find all sorts of programs that can do it by doing a search on google.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:32 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I used TMPenc and Xilisoft for the conversion.

Can't wait to get my Space Ace HD to go into my dedicated Space Ace Daphne Cab :D

Now, just need cabinet plans for Cliff Hanger so I can put my Cliffy Restored edition in it 8)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:25 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

I just received my Space Ace Blu-Ray..yay!

Overall I was impressed with it - save for a few quick scenes that looked inferior (probably due to damage or the use of a different source - unsure. The quality just didn't match)

I also liked the fact that they included a playable bit from DL2 as a preview - tho the quality was not what I was expecting - hopefully the quality will be improved upon it's release. It seemed to have excessive grain compared to the other released games.

It also has a nice PIP video commentary-which of the bits I have gotten to watch is interesting enough.

I managed to get it from www.caiman.com for $25.95 plus 5 bucks shipping - far less than Digital Leisure's $49.95+ shipping.

A list of all the features...

- Remastered in HD (duh)
- All special Features are in HD
- New interviews with creators
- PIP video commentary
- Watch Feature (the watch feature doesn't include the reverse scenes - unlike DL)
- Includes playable previews of DL and DL2
- Both 1080p WS (1.78:1) and Anamorphic (1.33:1) for the main feature

Offline Profile