It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragon's Lair / Space Ace Manual LDP Selection w/W1 Jumper
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 pm 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi,

Once again, I am making a post in the hopes that sometime in the Future someone can look into this subject.

Even though DAPHNE has the option to automatically load and run All known Dragon's Lair and Space Ace Roms and play the Video Files with the use of the daphneloader or by a completely typed out Command-line in Dos, the choosing of which Laser Disc Player that is used to be Emulated is not optional at this time. There is no way to select which one can be used and emulated nor any way to manually turn OFF and ON an Emulated W1 Jumper for use with this option.

Now, I know that the answer in the past is that DAPHNE does not really need this option, since like I said above, DAPHNE is able to load and run All known Dragon's Lair and Space Ace Roms and play the Video Files. So there is no need for this option. But because of some of the issues I have found with DAPHNE trying to use the Earlier Dragon's Lair Roms and because the Newer Dragon's Lair Roms are able to use both Laser Disc Players, that DAPHNE should be able to emulate them both and have a Manual option for each, just like the Original Rev. C Hardware does which is what DAPHNE seems to be emulating.

In a previous post I also wanted someone to look into the emulation of the Rev. A Logic (RTC) Real Time Clock to make the earlier Game Roms sync with the Video, as well. Which is a completely different subject, but does involve the PR-7820 Laser Disc Play Emulation, so it is just a bit relevant to this subject here, as well.

That is if there is not some way to already control these options in the Command-line, that is.

Yours Truly,

Tony M Victorino

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dragon's Lair / Space Ace Manual LDP Selection w/W1 Jump
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

If you weren't aware, there is not going to be any work on the Daphne emulator for quite a while. The developer is working on something else that is taking up all his free time

You can get more info from this post...
https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/phpBB2/ ... =16&t=2995

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dragon's Lair / Space Ace Manual LDP Selection w/W1 Jump
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:04 am 
DAPHNE Tester
DAPHNE Tester

Hi EnvisagedOne,

I am actually quite aware of this fact. In fact there actually has not been public work on DAPHNE for years now, while DEXTER development and testing has gone forward.

But with that said I do see a light of hope at the end of the tunnel that DAPHNE might get another look see sometime in the future. Since some of what DEXTER does is actually based upon DAPHNE, some of the progress that has been made on DEXTER could be used on DAPHNE, as well. And for this reason, I am posting my findings and requests that has the potential to make DAPHNE a far better Laser Disc Game Emulator for future use. That is if and when someone here decides that it is time to take another look at DAPHNE.

DAPHNE was the first Laser Disc Game Emulator for use with a Personal Computer. And as it sits, as is, is probably the Best way to Emulate some of the Laser Disc Games from the past on a Personal Computer. But this does not mean that it has been abandoned to be never be improved upon. It only means that work on it has been postponed for the time being for a much more ambitious project of DEXTER, the first Laser Disc Player Emulator.

Even though there has been much more focus on DEXTER as of late, rightfully so, I might add. does not mean that DAPHNE is any less of a Project. But I do understand that DAPHNE was made as a Free to the Public use, where as DEXTER is a For Profit endeavor. And I use the phase "For Profit" very loosely. Praise by itself is Great, but it does not pay the bills. And what I have seen so far of all of the hard work that has been put into DEXTER, I was actually quite surprised at the actual reasonable low cost for such a devise.

But I digress. I just hope that if and when public work on DAPHNE continues sometime in the future, that they will take note that there are still minor problems with DAPHNE and more Laser Disc Games that still has the potential to be Emulated on DAPHNE. And DAPHNE is still a Project that is worth improving on.

(P.S.) Still Very Excited about DEXTER Ver. 3, though.

Yours Truly,

Tony M Victorino

Envisaged0ne wrote:
If you weren't aware, there is not going to be any work on the Daphne emulator for quite a while. The developer is working on something else that is taking up all his free time

You can get more info from this post...
https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/phpBB2/ ... =16&t=2995

Offline Profile