It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:38 pm 
Registered  User

Hello to all and sorry for my particular english...i' m italian....

I write to know som things about daphne emulator and the laser games(i read the faq and more in this forum but i have even now more doubt)
1) what is the role of this emulator if i can't dawnload the rom?wy using the daphne if i must buy the dvd -rom of the games or the lasr disk drive?
2)is there some web site where i can find the rom(the problem of the eventual time for dawnloading is not for me because i use the computer of the university...)
3)WHIC IS THE ONLY METOD TO PLAY DRAGON'S LAIR ; SPACE ACE AND THE OTHES LASER GAMES ON MY pc (I HAVE ONLY DVD PLAYER)WITHOUT BUYNG LASER DISK DRIVE AND DVD-ROM OF THESE GAMES?

4)IN THE CASE I WILL BUY THE GAMES ON DVD FOR PC,WHAT IS BETTER and WHY:DVD-ROM OR DVD VIDEO?

5)ARE THERE THE DVD FOR PC OF ALL THE LASERGAMES?

SORRY IF MY QUESTION ARE STUPID, BUT I WHANT TO KNOW ALL THE THINGS POSSIBLE!

HI

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:27 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

<B>1) what is the role of this emulator if i can't dawnload the rom?wy using the daphne if i must buy the dvd -rom of the games or the lasr disk drive?</B>

First of all, just to be clear, you can download the roms at http://www.d-l-p.com

But that's not the problem you're talking about. You want to know about downloading the video (MPEGs).

The answer is that Daphne was developed to run the games without the original hardware. But it was developed by and for people who <I>did</I> have the laserdisc. Running Daphne is more accurate than running the DVD-ROM. The DVD-ROM does not play like the original arcade game, Daphne does.

<B>2)is there some web site where i can find the rom(the problem of the eventual time for dawnloading is not for me because i use the computer of the university...)</B>

Again, what you really want to know is where you can download the MPEGs. And the answer is that no one here can help you with that. I personally don't know of any sites that post the MPEGs. Most of the people using Daphne either made the MPEGs themselves from their own laserdiscs, or they used Dvd2Daph to convert the video on the DVD-ROM.

<B>3)WHIC IS THE ONLY METOD TO PLAY DRAGON'S LAIR ; SPACE ACE AND THE OTHES LASER GAMES ON MY pc (I HAVE ONLY DVD PLAYER)WITHOUT BUYNG LASER DISK DRIVE AND DVD-ROM OF THESE GAMES? </B>

DVD-ROM is really the only method for most people. The games are not readily available in any other form.

<B>4)IN THE CASE I WILL BUY THE GAMES ON DVD FOR PC,WHAT IS BETTER and WHY:DVD-ROM OR DVD VIDEO?</B>

DVD-ROM is definately better. Only the DVD-ROM versions work with Daphne. Also, in my own experience, the DVD-VIDEO versions don't work as well as the DVD-ROM versions (when used without Daphne).

<B>5)ARE THERE THE DVD FOR PC OF ALL THE LASERGAMES?</B>

No. But http://www.digitalleisure.com has many laserdisc games on DVD.

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:51 pm 
Registered  User

ok, thank you for your answer, but i ave to ask another things:

roms and mpeg of laser games are two different things, but if i should find the mpeg(you sed that who have the laserdik could...),with it and the roms of it i could paly the game on my Pc evn without laserdisk drive?

in aditino,you sed that i can use dvd-rom with daphne...but it means that dvd-rom without daphne doesen't work(or wht is the differences using dvd-rom with or without dasphne9?;AND what is the difference betwwen using dvd-video with or without daphne

HI

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:16 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Yes, with the roms and the MPEG files, you can run Daphne on a PC without a laserdisc player. Some games <I>have</I> to be run this way because they require a video overlay.

The DVD-ROM will work without Daphne, it just won't play the same as it did in the arcade. The DVD-ROM was re-written from scratch, and many of the moves are different than they were in the original arcade game. It still works well, and is fun to play. It's just that it's better with Daphne.

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:36 pm 
Registered  User

Many thanks,you have been clear,...now i have to find the mpeg....i wonder....

thanks a lot

(if someone know about the mpeg...)my e- mail is :ceratites@inwind.it

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:30 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

hokuto,
mpeg begging is not tolerated. The DVD-Rom is inexpensive and is a legal way for to to use the video footage. I suggest you stop advertising yourself as a thief.

How about a lock on this thread?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:40 pm 
Registered  User

ok,ok i did not know

my questions were only curiosity..i never been "haker" till now

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:40 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

hokuto,

I realize there is a language problem here, so let me be a little more clear. When I said:

"no one here can help you with that"

What I was trying to tell you was <B>DO NOT ASK FOR MPEG FILES.</B> I'll be more specific about this in the future.

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:07 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

hehe.. locked!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]