It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Umm...is Dragon's Lair 2 not supported by Daphne?
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 7:59 am 
Registered  User

I just realized I am not seeing it anywhere as being supported...if that's true, that's too bad. That was just as fun as DL1. I just ordered Digital Leisure's DL1, DL2, and SA triple DVD-ROM pack, planning on going the MPEG route. Anyways, is Dragon's Lair 2 going to be supported ever? Soon?

Jakobud

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:22 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Dragon's Lair 2 is not currently supported, and no one is working on it right now. Maybe someone will work on it in the future, maybe not.

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:12 am 
Registered  User

Correction!

There is a DaphneCVS that patches the normal Daphne that DOES give access to DL2 roms if typed from the command line.

They load fine.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:25 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

I stand corrected...there is some Dragon's Lair 2 code in Daphne already -- but obviously it isn't ready yet.

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 4:51 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Karl, not sure what you mean, but DL2 is not implemented in daphne nor does it load any roms. I added a driver called 'dl2' but it really was just an experiment on my part which I have given up on.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:53 am 
Registered  User

So are there any developers that are working to implement DL2 into Daphne? I really hope there is. Is it really that difficult to add? I would suppose that the game is very similar to DL1, in terms of hardware. Sorry to sound ignorant but I am not a programmer. If I was, I would love to attempt to help add DL2 to Daphne. I think it's super cool that you developers do this stuff for free. It makes SO many people happy! Good job to all of you.

Jakobud

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:22 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Jakobud wrote:
So are there any developers that are working to implement DL2 into Daphne? I really hope there is. Is it really that difficult to add? I would suppose that the game is very similar to DL1, in terms of hardware. Sorry to sound ignorant but I am not a programmer. If I was, I would love to attempt to help add DL2 to Daphne. I think it's super cool that you developers do this stuff for free. It makes SO many people happy! Good job to all of you.

Jakobud

No, no one is working on DL2. Actually the hardware is totally different from the original Dragon's Lair, so it's not a matter of just a few tweaks to the driver.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 3:31 am 
Registered  User

so...are there any developers out there that are interested in programming it in? I'm quite sure that many people would want to play it. What forum might I post this question in for all the developers to look at, and perhaps see if anyone is interested in it or if anyone is actually maybe planning on doing it soon?

Jakobud

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 3:35 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

You've already posted your desire in the right place...

-etumor

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:33 am 
Registered  User

:oops:
Excuse me, But I am sure they've tried to put DL2 w/ Daphne, it has obviously came up before you've mentioned it. I'm sure the developers would like DL2 to be part of Daphne as you do. But apparently it is a little bit harder then you think it is, and I'm sure that the way you're going about it isn't going to give anybody incentive to get it done. It is hard work done for free and obviously nobody has time to do it right now, or else I'm sure they would have already. Perhaps you should go try and do it yourself or perhaps pay them since you're obviously aren’t valuing their time.
-The Paddy of all wanking Wankers. Jungle Style. :evil:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 12:29 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Jakobud wrote:
so...are there any developers out there that are interested in programming it in? I'm quite sure that many people would want to play it. What forum might I post this question in for all the developers to look at, and perhaps see if anyone is interested in it or if anyone is actually maybe planning on doing it soon?

Jakobud

Your best bet would be to try to add DL2 support yourself.
Unfortunately, since we are not being paid, the only way we can find enjoyment and satisfaction from working on daphne is to focus on the things which we ourselves are interested in. Therefore, while it's nice that a lot of people may want to see add DL2, I'm afraid that the only thing that matters is if a developer wants to try to add it. Hence, you'll see DL2 faster if you try to add it yourself.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 6:20 am 
Registered  User

Well Paddy if you would have even bothered to read my other replies you might not have responded that way. Sorry for asking. I am no programmer and I would have NO idea where to start adding DL2 myself. So I asked if anyone is working on it and if there are any plans to have it added in the near future. If that is not the correct way to go about adding 'feature requests' then I don't know what is.

jakobud

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Uh huh.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 11:21 pm 
Registered  User

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
asking if dl2 is there is one thing, begging for it is another, and BTW, I did read the posts, and i saw you repeatedly beg for a feature upgrades, and when they had tried to be nice and tell you nobody is working on it, that kinda implies that NOBODY IS GOING TO OR WANTS TO WORK ON IT RIGHT NOW, and you go ahead and ask "WHERE ELSE CAN I POST MY CRIES FOR SOME HELP, SINCE I AM NEWB", what is this! Nobody will add your request right now because they are busy, I'm sure They will post it when it is available, and what you call "request" seems more like nagging to me.
-The paddiest wanker of all. Jungle style.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline Profile