It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Repro Dragon's Lair LaserDiscs still available
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:44 am 
Registered  User

Woohoo! I just ordered mine today!

FYI - Michael Fox (mjfox@megsinet.net) says he has "about 100" of the laserdiscs left.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a blurb from www.d-l-p.com webpage:

Quote:
NEW DRAGON'S LAIR LASER DISCS - Mike Fox and Ron Schwar have come thru with something amazing for Dragon's Lair fans. Brand new, fully licensed, reproduction Dragon's Lair laser discs! Not only is the picture quality awesome on these new discs, but they also include over eight minutes of unused footage from the original prototype version of the game! For more information, check out Hi-Tech's website. (http://www.hi-techmechanical.com/DLRepro.htm)

And even better - Dave Hallock (who brought you the enhanced Dragon's Lair roms) is working on DLE version 2.0 which will allow us to *play* the unused footage in the game!

Dragul[a]

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Repro Dragon's Lair LaserDiscs still available
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:27 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Dragul[a] wrote:
Woohoo! I just ordered mine today!

FYI - Michael Fox (mjfox@megsinet.net) says he has "about 100" of the laserdiscs left.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a blurb from www.d-l-p.com webpage:

Quote:
NEW DRAGON'S LAIR LASER DISCS - Mike Fox and Ron Schwar have come thru with something amazing for Dragon's Lair fans. Brand new, fully licensed, reproduction Dragon's Lair laser discs! Not only is the picture quality awesome on these new discs, but they also include over eight minutes of unused footage from the original prototype version of the game! For more information, check out Hi-Tech's website. (http://www.hi-techmechanical.com/DLRepro.htm)

And even better - Dave Hallock (who brought you the enhanced Dragon's Lair roms) is working on DLE version 2.0 which will allow us to *play* the unused footage in the game!

Dragul[a]

Yep, I got one and the video quality is quite good. Let's hope that he can sell off all his inventory so that he won't lose money on the deal.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:25 am 
Registered  User

Let's hope he is already making money with 75% of his inventory sold. They deserve a nice little profit on this for all their hard work.

Did you watch the extra footage at the end? I'm hoping I can wait, like Dave says, for the new ROMs and experience it for the first time in-game :D

Hmmm... maybe I should start a poll

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:18 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Dragul[a] wrote:
Let's hope he is already making money with 75% of his inventory sold. They deserve a nice little profit on this for all their hard work.

I seem to recall Mike Fox saying that they were hoping to break even. And I don't doubt it, considering the cost of making the laserdisc plus the royalties paid to Dragon's Lair LLC.

Offline Profile