It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Think I found an error in the Deluxe Pack AVIs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:18 pm 
Registered  User

So I'm converting the AVIs in the Deluxe Pack in an attempt to get them to work with Daphne (see related post in MPEG forum), and I think I found a mistake in the captures in the Deluxe Pack videos.

The scene in question is the knight/electric floor scene. As we all know, there's one extra move at the end of the scene - Dirk has to jump over some missing steps after killing the knight and leaving the room.

In the Deluxe Pack, if you play DLR15.AVI, you'll notice that it cuts off after Dirk exits the room.

Now, have a look at DLR15D1.AVI. OMG there's the rest of the scene! Immediately followed by one of the death scenes.

If you watch DLR30.AVI, you'll see the ending sequence is intact and doesn't bleed over to the first death scene like the other one does.

Strangely enough, this doesn't affect gameplay in the Deluxe Pack. I'm guessing that the programmers found this error in the captures and coded around it instead of having the video recaptured. Either that, or I just don't know quite enough about how Dragon's Lair works and that part is never seen anyway. <shrug> :)

Thoughts, anyone?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:51 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

that scene was never in the original arcade game of Dragon's Lair, although it was included on the disc. Dave Hallock later added it back into the game with his enhanced roms. I'm not sure exactly what Digital Leisure did with the scene in their programming, but that should help with your confusion. I'd guess they tried to simulate the original arcade experience, and chopped the end of the scene off.

Offline Profile