It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with Daphne
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:16 am 
Registered  User

I have gotten the mpeg and ogg files for Dragons Lair, I have downloaded the rom file for it too, and I have tried everything to make it run but the game doesn't show up. Only the Player 1 score, Lives, Player 2 score, Lives, screen shows up. Where do I need to put my mpeg and ogg files? How can I run the games in Daphne? Thanks, I read all the faqs, but I am still stuck, sorry for any trouble. Oh and my framefile is [b]lair_dvdrom.txt[/b] which is correct, is it? that is it what it gave me when I converted.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:23 pm 
Registered  User

This emu is kind of tricky. I still haven't figured everything out, but I think I can get you playing DL. It seems that the emu has a problem with command line instructions. No matter where I put the files, it could not locate them. I finally just put everything in the C: directory. I put the mpeg files in a directory named DLMPEG, and I put the emu in a folder named DAPHNE. Then, go into the DAPHNE folder and open the framefile folder. Open your framefile. The first line is the path to your mpeg files. So if you set it up like I have mine, it should say C:\DLMPEG\

Save the file. Now open the Daphne loader. Choose whichever Dragons Lair version you have (this version is based on your rom set), then choose configure. Specify the path to the framefile. Run the emu.

you should see a screen asking you to begin parsing the video files. Press a key. Now this is also very confusing. It takes a good 5-10 minutes for everything to complete. So if the screen stays black for a minute or so, and it looks like the program has locked up, don't worry, it has not. I messed that part up. Just wait until it completely finishes, and runs the intro to dragons lair. That is it. Any further questions, just contact me. GPKPS@neb.rr.com

Offline Profile