It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Extra footage on DL Repro laserdiscs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:18 am 
Registered  User

Hello,

Is there any other way to play the extra footage that is found on the DL Repro discs other than ordering a repro disc, buying a laserdisc player and so forth? Specifically, I am curious if the new 20th Anniversary Digital Leisure version of Dragon's Lair included this extra footage. I currently own the regular DVD-Rom version of Dragon's Lair (not the 20th Anniversary version). I'd like to play the extra footage but I'm wondering if there is a more cost-effective solution available than the laserdisc and laserdisc player route. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:27 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Most of the proto footage is on the 20th Anniversary DVD-Video. The next release of DVD2DAPH will support the prototype footage via DLE 2.0

So, your current disc won't cut it. You'll have to buy the new disc to play the proto footage. Older discs like your dvd-rom will support DLE 2.0 in standard mode only.

Think of it this way... the new 20th anniversary dvd-video can be used with DVD2DAPH to emulate the new limited edition laserdisc. Any older DVD releases can be used with DVD2DAPH to emulate the older, original laserdisc.

~Vera

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:37 am 
Registered  User

Cool, thanks for the reply Vera. Is the quality of the 20th Anniversary version video/audio any better than the normal DVD-Rom version?

Offline Profile