It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dexter 'pulse' light is not blinking
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:15 am 
Registered  User

Just got Dexter board today, installed it on my DL2 machine. First, a loud pitch was occurring upon start up. There is no blanking on the Board itself even though Dexter board is lighting green and raspberry red.

I changed the cable out with a spare I had and now the loud pitch is gone, but upon startup there is nothing on screen just a couple of sequenced beeps.

I looked on the DL2 MPU board and noticed 2 red lights on and one green at the same time.

What should I look for next to help get all working?? I haven't touched the DL2 machine in a few years since the 1450 player died on me, but it was fully working and I have done nothing to it but swap out new power supply back a few years ago.

Any tips??
thanks
p

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dexter not booting with DL2 machine
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:02 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

photoarts1 wrote:
Just got Dexter board today, installed it on my DL2 machine. First, a loud pitch was occurring upon start up. There is no blanking on the Board itself even though Dexter board is lighting green and raspberry red.

I changed the cable out with a spare I had and now the loud pitch is gone, but upon startup there is nothing on screen just a couple of sequenced beeps.

I looked on the DL2 MPU board and noticed 2 red lights on and one green at the same time.

What should I look for next to help get all working?? I haven't touched the DL2 machine in a few years since the 1450 player died on me, but it was fully working and I have done nothing to it but swap out new power supply back a few years ago.

Any tips??
thanks
p

is the 'pulse' LED on the dexter board blinking when dexter is powered on? (does the disc video play just by plugging in dexter when ldp-1450 mode is selected even if it is not plugged into the game via the DB25 port?)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:54 pm 
Registered  User

On the Dexter board the LED pulse light is not emitting regardless of whether or not data cable is plugged in. Please let me know what to troubleshoot next.

thanks
p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:41 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

photoarts1 wrote:
On the Dexter board the LED pulse light is not emitting regardless of whether or not data cable is plugged in. Please let me know what to troubleshoot next.

thanks
p

I just filmed a little video on my camera showing what to check to solve this. Uploading it to youtube now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:59 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Try this :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dexter 'pulse' light is not blinking
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:17 am 
Registered  User

Did everything you suggested and after swapping cord inputs on raspberry several times, finally got it to work! Unit is a little finicky, but once it starts working, all is fine! Many thanks for the help! Now how do I go about getting a copy of Cliffhanger for the device?

thanks
p

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dexter 'pulse' light is not blinking
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

photoarts1 wrote:
Did everything you suggested and after swapping cord inputs on raspberry several times, finally got it to work! Unit is a little finicky, but once it starts working, all is fine! Many thanks for the help! Now how do I go about getting a copy of Cliffhanger for the device?

thanks
p

where's the video so we can rejoice in your success? :)

Offline Profile