It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thayer's Quest, what cables do I need to hook up to Dexter?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:38 pm 
Registered  User

My Thayer's Quest was converted to a LDV-8000 and I am trying to change it to Dexter. I don't see any ribbon cables that would connect to Dexter on the Thayer's Quest PCB. I can see a cable from the monitor direct (someone put a TV chassis in here) so I can get an image, but I am not exactly sure how Dexter would communicate with the Thayer's Quest PCB it is getting direct signal from the monitor and the two audio cables from the Thayer PCB are going to the Dexter. Any ideas of what I am missing?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Thayer's Quest, what cables do I need to hook up to Dext
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

DreamTR wrote:
My Thayer's Quest was converted to a LDV-8000 and I am trying to change it to Dexter. I don't see any ribbon cables that would connect to Dexter on the Thayer's Quest PCB. I can see a cable from the monitor direct (someone put a TV chassis in here) so I can get an image, but I am not exactly sure how Dexter would communicate with the Thayer's Quest PCB it is getting direct signal from the monitor and the two audio cables from the Thayer PCB are going to the Dexter. Any ideas of what I am missing?

I am not sure how this LD-V8000 conversion took place but Thayer's Quest natively works with the same laserdisc player types as Dragon's Lair. There is a socket on the Thayer's Quest boardset, similar to Dragon's Lair, where the ribbon cable plugs in. So you would need to first revert Thayer's Quest back to its original state with the original ribbon cable and the original ROMs in order to use it with Dexter.

Offline Profile